+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chaplin signs

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    This is a battle Hecky couldn't win with Cryne two seasons ago and I'd expect Stendel won't have any more joy either .

Hecky finally got fecked off with it and that contract in front of Stendel remains unsigned .

Ajax had one of the best young teams in europe last season but still had the nous to have a couple of older heads within the team .

At this stage of the season it would be churlish to dismiss the new players as not up to it , we will see soon enough .

There's always the thought that history is about to repeat itself but we have kept the nucleus of last seasons squad .

I do have my concerns defensively I have to say , last seasons success was built on a rock solid back four which allowed us to play a very expansive style of football , the whole high press philosophy goes out of the window if you are shipping goals at two and three a game .

Even with Pinnock and Lindsay remaining at the club it would still be tough to dominate the ball like we did last season at this higher level .

Teams in the championship will be far more accomplished at beating the press than teams did last season and when they do we have to be on it defensively or we will struggle massively .

On top of that the team are expected to play out from the back , relatively easy when Fleetwood , Rochdale and Gillingham have only the one up top and came to Oakwell more defensively minded .

We saw how playing out from the back can work out playing against higher level opposition when England came up against Holland recently .

Stendel could be the best coach on the planet but without the necessary quality on the park to carry out his philosophy then he will look a total clown too just as Hecky found out .

Interesting times ahead and all will be revealed in the weeks and months ahead .
    Good mail Animal a lot of thought gone into it. For me we have made progress signing players on longer contracts and not signing some Donkey's on loan BUT at the same time appears we no longer are looking to sign a Marquee Premiership youngster on loan as we have done for years the last one being Barnes. Along with the apparent age restriction we do lack proven experience and emerging talent. Like you say interesting times ahead

Great post animal.
    Of course we have to see how they fare, however the Championship have some very strong teams in it now and for me so many signings to settle in quickly doesn’t happen overnight and in my “Opinion” because of the quality of signings and lack of experience we will be in the bottom three all season!
    I sincerely hope i’m Wrong but what I said when this lot took over still stands, they have bought young and given long contracts so that when we come up from League 1 with them season after this they will be in a stronger position to demand top dollar as they will have Championship experience and a League 1 promotion behind them.

Time will tell but I fear that all of last seasons full backs will get found out this season. Can’t comment on any of the new players until I see them play. I’m seriously concerned though. Hope it all gels together though .

I lived in cov for last 3 years before moving back to Barnsley recently. And all my mates from cov are texting taking the P about us signing Chaplin . They think it's great business for them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Good mail Animal a lot of thought gone into it. For me we have made progress signing players on longer contracts and not signing some Donkey's on loan BUT at the same time appears we no longer are looking to sign a Marquee Premiership youngster on loan as we have done for years the last one being Barnes. Along with the apparent age restriction we do lack proven experience and emerging talent. Like you say interesting times ahead
    OK signing Barnes and Kent.
    Didn’t keep us up either. Emerging talent is great if it clicks..... but the only one we have had that clicked and stayed is Woodrow.
    Toney, Ugbo..... Kent and Barnes..... just float on....
    we have at least put some faith in our signings, not bedded in someone else’s plants.

And what has Kent done ?..

People complained when we signed young loanees saying what’s the point getting them upto speed for other clubs. Now people complain when we don’t sign loan players. Stendel wanted Chaplin so that’ll do for me .

i am not complaining just making the point of the different direction the club has moved to - i actually prefer the current policy and would be very happy to go another season without any loan players, unless of course as with Bahre and Woodrow options to make the loan spell permanent . For sure some of our new signings will shine to go with existing players we have. The future is brighter IMO

Are you abroad on a different time zone ESR posting at 3-25am!?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    This is a battle Hecky couldn't win with Cryne two seasons ago and I'd expect Stendel won't have any more joy either .

Hecky finally got fecked off with it and that contract in front of Stendel remains unsigned .

Ajax had one of the best young teams in europe last season but still had the nous to have a couple of older heads within the team .

At this stage of the season it would be churlish to dismiss the new players as not up to it , we will see soon enough .

There's always the thought that history is about to repeat itself but we have kept the nucleus of last seasons squad .

I do have my concerns defensively I have to say , last seasons success was built on a rock solid back four which allowed us to play a very expansive style of football , the whole high press philosophy goes out of the window if you are shipping goals at two and three a game .

Even with Pinnock and Lindsay remaining at the club it would still be tough to dominate the ball like we did last season at this higher level .

Teams in the championship will be far more accomplished at beating the press than teams did last season and when they do we have to be on it defensively or we will struggle massively .

On top of that the team are expected to play out from the back , relatively easy when Fleetwood , Rochdale and Gillingham have only the one up top and came to Oakwell more defensively minded .

We saw how playing out from the back can work out playing against higher level opposition when England came up against Holland recently .

Stendel could be the best coach on the planet but without the necessary quality on the park to carry out his philosophy then he will look a total clown too just as Hecky found out .

Interesting times ahead and all will be revealed in the weeks and months ahead .
    Stendel won't publicly criticise the board and players and get everyone feeling doom and gloom like Hecky did.

That 17 match winless run was because the players had stopped playing for him.

If I'd av' been Cryne Hecky would have been presented his p45 after the comments he made pre season.

Those poor players won 5 drew 5 and lost 6 of their first 16 league games. They were holding their own.

Then he fcuked about with the line up and tactics the 17 match winless run took us down because golden boll ocks lost the dressing room.

Best thing he ever did was feck off to Leeds.

Don't hold back Ponte

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast