+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaplin signs

Chaplin signs

22-year-old forward becomes our 10th signing of the summer!

We are delighted to announce that Conor Chaplin has joined Barnsley Football Club from Coventry City on a four-year contract.

The Worthing-born striker is a player the Reds have tracked for some time, and today he arrives for an undisclosed fee ahead of the 2019/20 Sky Bet Championship season.

With Portsmouth throughout his formative years, Chaplin signed professional terms with Pompey in 2014 after scoring 11 goals in 11 games for their U18s side. He would go on to make his senior debut for the club later that year and in April of 2015 he scored his first league goal against Morecambe.

At the end of that season he was named League Two Apprentice of the Year, such was his impact at a tender age.

Does it mean the deal for Stendel's No 1 target, Kone, is nar unlikely ? Booath seem a similar "quick little 'un" type, with Kone perhaps evvin the edge in quality.

Still no sign of the experienced players Stendel wants.

Any change from 10 bob ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Does it mean the deal for Stendel's No 1 target, Kone, is nar unlikely ? Booath seem a similar "quick little 'un" type, with Kone perhaps evvin the edge in quality.

Still no sign of the experienced players Stendel wants.
    What, you mean, Pillock, Lindsay, Davies, Bradshaw, Potts et al ? They’ve all gone to bigger clubs

Another striker, that’s good. We were light last season. Gives us options to change. I suspect we will see Moore going and swift, ground attacks will be our way of playing, not high balls at all.

Poor signing! Totally underwhelmed there is better out there than him, it’s true it does give us another option but like with Coventry last season I see him coming on from the bench when it’s not working and doing nothing.
    Wilks is a right winger/Striker and I can’t see Stendel not giving Brown a chance on the right wing, this for me makes Chaplin (who for me will always be the player who chose a club in trouble over us) being the 4th choice striker.
    However I still think this is meant to be appeasement for Moore going somewhere else soon? Which would promote him to 3rd choice.
    Adeboyejo will now go out on loan unless Moore leaves.
    Sorry to be down about this but all the signings for me have been quite poor with the exception of probably Wilks and he could still go to Prison yet?

Firstly he didn’t chose Coventry over us it was Pompy who put a block on him joining a promotion rival and as for Moore haven’t I read where Dane Murphy has said no more of the first team squad will be leaving? I can’t see him putting his head on the block with his first statement if he’s not sure of his facts.
    I hope none of our new signing don’t read any of the fans forums or they’ll have their chins on the ground before they kick a ball.
    Let’s give any player we sign our full backing and see how they perform for our club first and sod what we’ve seen of clips of them with other clubs and then if they don’t measure up then have a moan.

10 signings.10 wages do we really need all of them ? 6 signings to replace players that left which would leave enough cash for a quality striker even if Moore stays

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Firstly he didn’t chose Coventry over us it was Pompy who put a block on him joining a promotion rival and as for Moore haven’t I read where Dane Murphy has said no more of the first team squad will be leaving? I can’t see him putting his head on the block with his first statement if he’s not sure of his facts.
    I hope none of our new signing don’t read any of the fans forums or they’ll have their chins on the ground before they kick a ball.
    Let’s give any player we sign our full backing and see how they perform for our club first and sod what we’ve seen of clips of them with other clubs and then if they don’t measure up then have a moan.
    Spot on. We were light in options last year. Evident when Moore was injured that Adeboyejo wasn’t ready.
    We have to give them support first, then criticise. As someone said a few weeks back, Hourihane, Mawson and a few more came with
    no previous success, and they didn’t fare badly. We have options now.

Where/when did Spud say no more of the roster will be leaving ?

Edit--Just read the Chronicle quote. He actually says he doesn't "expect" any more sales.
    Leaves plenty of wriggle room if the right offer comes along.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-07-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast