+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alan Lee - Cult Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Ditto to all of the above.....

An easy way to describe him.....’I wish we had him playing for us now’
    Indeed, but let's be honest here, when he first joined us he was overweight and in his first few games he was rubbish.

He grew into the role and became a legend.

Also a fair guitarist by all accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I went to an event at NYS he was at last season and Warne, brecks and Guy Branston's stories about Alan lee were mainly about him smoking, being the worst trainer, always late, out drinking night's before matches and waking up in stranger's houses all the time. He nodded and laughed along with all of this and was really funny.

But on match day he went out there and performed brilliantly so Ronnie never fined him.
    The morning after he scored "That Goal"..

He could have woke up in my bed after shagg1ng my missis all neet. Not only that but I would have happily served him a cold beer in MY glass between sh@gs.

"That Goal" meant a lot to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post

He could have woke up in my bed after shagg1ng my missis all neet. Not only that but I would have happily served him a cold beer in MY glass between sh@gs.

Not to mention the jumbo tub of Vaseline

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post

I can see why your Mrs moved you on to pastures newer and younger

Legend, Cult Hero call him what you will.
    Hardworking striker that played his part for our team.

On loan from Burnley then we paid a fee of 150k and sold him for 850k.
    Thanks for the memories.

I remember seeing him earlier in the season of 'That goal' just after he joined us. It was in the 1-0 win at Northampton where we played with 10 men for 75 minutes after Guy Branston was sent off and Lee's striking partner Mark Robbins taken off for an extra defender. Pissing down with rain, heavy pitch and you could see in the last 20 minutes Lee's legs had gone but he would not give up chasing. Every player rated a 10 the next day in the Sunday papers, he probably deserved 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Not to mention the jumbo tub of Vaseline
    Ha ha, you've met her the Grist lol

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I can see why your Mrs moved you on to pastures newer and younger
    Ha ha Cammy, yes you're right there pal. She got fed up of me pimping her out every time the Millers won ha ha ha

Would you still feel the same,at this moment in time Riley

Legend at the club and a well deserved title for all the gut busting effort he put in for the shirt. A never say die attitude even when you could see he was huffing and puffing on the pitch he just would not stop running and giving 100% effort until the final whistle. At times he was so good you had to pinch yourself to make sure you were not dreaming and that he did actually play in our team.

Just like Ace Rimmer, Alan Lee, what a guy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast