+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forde and Taylor.

Forde and Taylor.

I was never a huge fan of Taylor. I loved his effort but thought he’d found his quality level in league 1.
    As for Forde I never rated him at all. Being a good crosser of a ball isn’t good enough as your only attribute at any level.
    Anyway, it seems that neither of them have found a club yet. Maybe they are not worth what they or their agents think they are. Perhaps they should’ve taken any offer we offered them, if there was one. They are missing pre season.

Maybe now Donny have a manager one of them could end up there.

Think they have both had a very big reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Think they have both had a very big reality check.
    I think you're right.

I think to add balance Warneys rotation policy meant they were all unhappy, they probably want more football

I looked up jon taylor on my phone to see if he had got a club and it described him as 1.8m(5'11).Must have been on that stretching machine that james bond was on.

Quote Originally Posted by tom12026 View Post
    I looked up jon taylor on my phone to see if he had got a club and it described him as 1.8m(5'11).Must have been on that stretching machine that james bond was on.
    Which James Bond book/film was that in?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Which James Bond book/film was that in?
    Thunderball fillum

If they were both regularly Championship standard players, we'd probably still be in the Championship now. Winger situation now is that Lamy seems to be burgered after less than half of one friendly,and McGinley rumoured on here to have gone (?). We are now the wingless wonders... but would Warney now want Forde or Taylor back? Seems unlikely. We do need some replacements though.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 11-07-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I think to add balance Warneys rotation policy meant they were all unhappy, they probably want more football
    Taylor made 44 appearances for us last season, he was one of Warne’s favourites so he can’t complain about not getting enough games.

Quote Originally Posted by tom12026 View Post
    Thunderball fillum
    ...and yet Mikemiller the reports yesterday say we were getting a lot of stuff in from the wings. I suppose it dunt matter if you have tricky wingers as long as accurate crosses are coming regularly in from the wings. I would guess if Warne is gonna play 4 3 3 the front men might go wide. I noticed Smith going out to the right and Morris going out to the left against Pgate. If he plays 3 5 2 your crosses will come in from the wing backs. So for me we don't necessarily need wingers but we do need cover for our wing backs if we go down the 3 5 2 route. I aint sure we have that cover. Maybe Jones to a degree on the right but who for the left? And arguably, anyway, is mattock a wing back?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast