+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So 4 3 3 it looks like then...

So 4 3 3 it looks like then...

If Semi is going as is widely reported that sort of rules out the semi role in the middle of the pitch unless we get a like for like replacement which wont be easy and I doubt anyway. Also every friendly so far warne has played 3 up front. I'd be surprised if that is not his plan now or he will have wasted a lot of practise time on a new formation. Not against playing without wingers as long as we get the players necessary for 4 3 3. I suspect most are in place now and we could go for it as it stands but I would still like to see cover in defence and midfield now if semi is going. Go get the lad from Blackpool at CH.If wages is the issue, offer him improved wages from any sale money from semi/ vaulks and trump them. Get another LB, a goalie and a cm and lets get cracking.

It's so simple. Rolymiller for next RUFC manager!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-07-2019 at 04:38 PM.

A bit clueless second half at Bradford PA. Need somebody to cross ball better than that ie a winger in the squad, as an alternative , even if not in the starting line up.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    If Semi is going as is widely reported that sort of rules out the semi role in the middle of the pitch unless we get a like for like replacement which wont be easy and I doubt anyway. Also every friendly so far warne has played 3 up front. I'd be surprised if that is not his plan now or he will have wasted a lot of practise time on a new formation. Not against playing without wingers as long as we get the players necessary for 4 3 3. I suspect most are in place now and we could go for it as it stands but I would still like to see cover in defence and midfield now if semi is going. Go get the lad from Blackpool at CH.If wages is the issue, offer him improved wages from any sale money from semi/ vaulks and trump them. Get another LB, a goalie and a cm and lets get cracking.

It's so simple. Rolymiller for next RUFC manager!
    They agreed terms with Curtis Tilt and the fee with Blackpool a while ago.
    Blackpool then pulled out of the deal.I was told Grayson at Blackpool had offered him an improved contract.

Yep I take your point mike. The only other thing is that you get wing backs who are capable of getting in crosses or forwards who are capable of doing it.

Hmmmm...4-3-3 wouldn’t that be nice?

We have still got lots of players for some positions (centre forward, central midfield) and none/not many for others. Not long to the start of the season now. Would be rather counter-productive if we were trying to cobble deals together close to the transfer deadline... because we know what happens every time on deadline day....

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    We have still got lots of players for some positions (centre forward, central midfield) and none/not many for others. Not long to the start of the season now. Would be rather counter-productive if we were trying to cobble deals together close to the transfer deadline... because we know what happens every time on deadline day....
    We are looking at a pure 4-3-3 i.e. no goalie

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Transfer window closes 5pm, 2nd September and there’s always the January transfer window LOL..😂

Where’s that promised goalkeeper ?

Hopefully, unlike last season, our formation won't be dictated by who we have/have not signed...

At least we won’t see the dreaded one up front that cost us so badly last season....