+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I tried

I tried

to buy a season ticket today. I'm going to be very busy over the next two weeks so I thought I'd nip over today to get my book before first league game. The gentleman in front of me in queue asked for two season tickets and was told " sorry, the lady who does this went away at half 2 and I dont know how to process it" I chipped in and said I was wanting one as well. Now, I'm not blaming these two volunteers. They were just standing in because no one else was there and it would have been fine if you were only wanting to buy Qos merchandise. The point is that in that short space of time, around 800 pound approx ( 3x 285) was not collected by Queens and people were willing to give them it. I will be back at some point but will the other guy ? Who knows ? How many other folk have went there wanting to buy a season ticket and there was no one capable of completing the transaction ? Queens as a club cant talk about low finances if they haven't a system in place to collect money that PEOPLE ARE WANTING TO GIVE THEM . t's ok saying we have to run with a skeleton staff because of our finances but it doesn't wash when there is no one to actually collect the money people are willing to pay. I love this club but they do my head in at times , on and off the park.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 19-07-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    to buy a season ticket today. I'm going to be very busy over the next two weeks so I thought I'd nip over today to get my book before first league game. The gentleman in front of me in queue asked for two season tickets and was told " sorry, the lady who does this went away at half 2 and I dont know how to process it" I chipped in and said I was wanting one as well. Now, I'm not blaming these two volunteers. They were just standing in because no one else was there and it would have been fine if you were only wanting to buy Qos merchandise. The point is that in that short space of time, around 800 pound approx ( 3x 285) was not collected by Queens and people were willing to give them it. I will be back at some point but will the other guy ? Who knows ? How many other folk have went there wanting to buy a season ticket and there was no one capable of completing the transaction ? Queens as a club cant talk about low finances if they haven't a system in place to collect money that PEOPLE ARE WANTING TO GIVE THEM . t's ok saying we have to run with a skeleton staff because of our finances but it doesn't wash when there is no one to actually collect the money people are willing to pay. I love this club but they do my head in at times , on and off the park.
    To be honest JRS , I have a lot of sympathy for the small but loyal workforce at Palmerston. They are no doubt under paid but completely overworked whilst the Chairman makes money whilst we sleep.
    It’s very amateurish at times and the blame lies firmly at his feet.

Similar thing happened last week as well.

The club's run like a shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Similar thing happened last week as well.

The club's run like a shambles.
    I’m pretty sure this happened last year also Deek. The blame lies with the Chairman IMO.

I'm not sure if it's connected but there was something on the OS about restricted office hours this week and next because of staff holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    I'm not sure if it's connected but there was something on the OS about restricted office hours this week and next because of staff holidays.
    I went last Friday for tickets for Motherwell game and they did not have any and I went on Monday for tickets for the Annan game and again they did not have any so obviously there was some problem. However to be fair one of the girls in the office / shop is on maternity leave and Dan the Commercial Man is not back from holiday until Monday so apart from the groundsman that is just about all the full - time staff Queens have or can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    I went last Friday for tickets for Motherwell game and they did not have any and I went on Monday for tickets for the Annan game and again they did not have any so obviously there was some problem. However to be fair one of the girls in the office / shop is on maternity leave and Dan the Commercial Man is not back from holiday until Monday so apart from the groundsman that is just about all the full - time staff Queens have or can afford.
    I fully understand where we are financially. We try to run on a shoestring so as much money as possible can be channelled into the first team. However, I cant see us being able to grow our support when it's actually difficult to buy match/ season tickets. All you will have eventually is an ever smaller 'hard' core of fans . Could Queens for example sell season tickets in the Midsteeple box office . More accessible for the majority of people than going over to Palmerston to be turned away and they sell league match tickets anyway ?
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 20-07-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I fully understand where we are financially. We try to run on a shoestring so as much money as possible can be channelled into the first team. However, I cant see us being able to grow our support when it's actually difficult to buy match/ season tickets. All you will have eventually is an ever smaller 'hard' core of fans . Could Queens for example sell season tickets in the Midsteeple box office . More accessible for the majority of people than going over to Palmerston to be turned away and they sell league match tickets anyway ?
    You mention the Midsteeple Office mate - well before I went to Palmy for a Motherwell ticket I tried there first and the lady said '' We have not got any as Queens probably thought we were now closed permanently but we have had a reprieve until 2020 after receiving more funding ''

I'm glad the Midsteeple box office got a reprieve for the important job it does of promoting Dumfries and Galoway . Accessibility the key for the regions public and visitors to be able to buy tickets for bands, comedians or whoever might be coming to the area. Nice staff too and keeps a couple of folk at least employed. Maybe Queens could sell season books from this outlet.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 20-07-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)