+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Moon Landing - 50 years 20thJuly

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Einstein predicted the existence of wormholes. The theory is if an object is heavy enough ie a giant star, it would bend space time thus creating a 'short cut' between two points in space or even two universes. Imagine an object dropped between a large piece of paper then the two ends would be closer together. So sub light spreed would allow vast distances to be covered. However wormholes are yet to be discovered

That is a possibility, space is not as it seems. But then we would be playing about with time and place, and that could open a can of worm...holes.

Once there was nothing and at some point in the future once the energy runs out and the universe stops expanding there will be nothing again.

This initially seems worrying as it makes everything seem pointless.

I try to think of it this way.......I wasn’t worrying about anything in 1960 because I didn’t exist and by 2070 at best I won’t be worrying about anything again because I won’t exist.

Just to think though,all the innovation and infrastructure and everything that’s been built on this wonderful planet will one day be swallowed by the sun.

The moon also moves away from the earth by around 6cm per year so eventually it’ll be so far away it’ll no longer have any tidal effect on our oceans which will dramatically change the climate anyway.

There’s us worrying about the W a n k e r who cuts us up whilst driving or the queue jumper in Aldi when all this other stuff is coming!!

Every day's a school day, by coincidence today I heard a radio interview which suggested man would be on Mars by about 2030 - i've often wondered why after landing on the moon 50 years ago that things haven't progressed further. If anyone's not read the story of what the men on Apollo 13 went through to get back to earth after their mission was aborted then I'd recommend it, incredible stuff.

Personally I think the human race will destroy itself long before the sun does!

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Every day's a school day, by coincidence today I heard a radio interview which suggested man would be on Mars by about 2030 - i've often wondered why after landing on the moon 50 years ago that things haven't progressed further. If anyone's not read the story of what the men on Apollo 13 went through to get back to earth after their mission was aborted then I'd recommend it, incredible stuff.

The earth will end by 2025 if Corbyn gets in.

I’d volunteer for the one way trip to Mars if he does.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post

Agree about Apollo 13 WCV. It is an amazing story. For anyone who hasn’t seen it, the film of the same name with Tom Hanks is very good and mostly accurate in its detail and reporting of events. I think much of the Apollo program was to do with the Cold War and the lack of activity after the Americans had won the race was down to public indifference and the funding these programs required. Remember, the planned landing on the moon of Apollo 13 wasn’t due to be televised such was public apathy. It was only when a disaster was pending that the TV companies picked up live coverage again
    Last edited by stripes39; 21-07-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Once there was nothing and at some point in the future once the energy runs out and the universe stops expanding there will be nothing again.

This initially seems worrying as it makes everything seem pointless.

I try to think of it this way.......I wasn’t worrying about anything in 1960 because I didn’t exist and by 2070 at best I won’t be worrying about anything again because I won’t exist.

Just to think though,all the innovation and infrastructure and everything that’s been built on this wonderful planet will one day be swallowed by the sun.

The moon also moves away from the earth by around 6cm per year so eventually it’ll be so far away it’ll no longer have any tidal effect on our oceans which will dramatically change the climate anyway.

There’s us worrying about the W a n k e r who cuts us up whilst driving or the queue jumper in Aldi when all this other stuff is coming!!

I often think it will be a good thing when we are all gone. We live in a world when hospitals are struggling to survive, ambulance and firemen are cut to the bone, yet we think a couple of million is a bargain for a thick as a brick footballer who probably never went to school, and will more than likely end up an alcoholic, or become a copper when he finishes.
    A big fat darter earns more than a surgeon these days. and people think i am crazy.

Come on Trump, hurry up and press that button, you know you are dying to.
    Last edited by WBA1955; 21-07-2019 at 09:11 AM.

I thought at the time it was real.
    Failure to move on has sewn doubts unless they have come to the conclusion that it's a pretty pointless thing to do.
    I don't think we will ever live on another world.
    Steve Mercury used to pop over to all the planets from time to time but he wasn't real.

Fake news that it’s fake news.

Man’s greatest feat decried by conspiracy theorists and dribbling simpletons.

Fake news that it’s fake news.

Man’s greatest feat decried by conspiracy theorists and dribbling simpletons.

I wonder how many of those dribbling simpletons are devout Christians and believe all the impossible happenings they have been only told about.

As a 7 1/2 year old I was fascinated by it and by space travel in general.

I still am........I’d love to see us reach Mars before I die.

We have to find a way out of our solar system because eventually our dying sun will swallow up our Earth,that’s if we haven’t already destroyed the place.

From my bedroom window I get an incredible view of the full moon each month......I still find it an awesome sight.
    It was my 23rd birthday on that day and I remember it with great awe. It was and still is one of man's greatest achievements.When Armstrong stepped onto the surface I felt a great emotional feeling. I get a similar view of the moon from our beroom window and am still fascinated by what we did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)