+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stendel

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I absolutely love and respect Stendel , breath of fresh air who has turned the clubs fortunes right around .

I don't necessarily subscribe to the easy ride of league one because he inherited a bunch of young players low on confidence and I dare say scared and turned them in to a very exciting team to watch who played with a likeable arrogance and swagger , not an easy thing to achieve .

There's an however .......

This coming season will be a real test of his ability tactically , I'm going to be interested to see if Stendel isn't a one trick pony .

My concern and in my opinion is that the high press counter atacking style is somewhat of a rich mans toy , perfectly fine when you have a bigger budget and able to recruit higher calibre players than your competitors as we enjoyed last season but I'm not entirely convinced of it's effectiveness when all of the above aren't at play at a significantly higher level .

The very first game of the season will be a massive test , Fulham have significantly better players , they are in affect a replica of ourselves last season , a big budget looking to bounce straight back and coming here on the opening day fully expecting the 3 points .

The high press style could easily be made to look like headless chickens running round .

I take the point Fulham are possibly a standout championship club and easier games lay ahead but none the less Stendel may need to have more in his locker at this level if we are to keep our heads above water .
    Championship status...

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    I'm wondering why he hasn't signed a new contract waiting to see if any other club comes knocking ? Bfc haven't offered him a good enough new contract ? just hope the pigs don't move in for him that would be the last nail in the relegation coffin
    Sky Bet has him favourite for the Rust Bucket job

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    I'm fairly happy, the pinnock transfer the only one I didn't want to see go, Davies, I expected to go and the fella owes us nowt so good luck to him, so far as incoming goes, wilks is rated Thomas is highly thought of, and the players we've signed in the main Ave played a fair few minutes at a decent level so we might be surprised. Scouting teams done decent job o late so I'm confident we can be OK, not lookin at play off or above but ya never know. It's keeping Stendel here now that I want us to focus on, he's loved ere, and he's come in when the club were at a low ebb and done a wonderful job in my opinion, we got keep this fella as long as we can.
    Your new recruits.
    «*ave played a few minutes at a decent level «*

Which ones ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Your new recruits.
    «*ave played a few minutes at a decent level «*

Which ones ?
    Luke Freeman--- 0 Premier League appearances

Callum Robinson---4 sub Prem appearances for Villa pre2016

There's two at the level you now need.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Luke Freeman--- 0 Premier League appearances

Callum Robinson---4 sub Prem appearances for Villa pre2016

There's two at the level you now need.

When did Barnsley sign them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    When did Barnsley sign them ?
    You're Premier League now Wardy. No point fishing in a pond for players that are not at that level. Relegation nailed on.

You're Premier League now Wardy. No point fishing in a pond for players that are not at that level. Relegation nailed on.
    Jags can do ten minutes SB in all fairness !!!

I absolutely love and respect Stendel , breath of fresh air who has turned the clubs fortunes right around .

I don't necessarily subscribe to the easy ride of league one because he inherited a bunch of young players low on confidence and I dare say scared and turned them in to a very exciting team to watch who played with a likeable arrogance and swagger , not an easy thing to achieve .

There's an however .......

This coming season will be a real test of his ability tactically , I'm going to be interested to see if Stendel isn't a one trick pony .

My concern and in my opinion is that the high press counter atacking style is somewhat of a rich mans toy , perfectly fine when you have a bigger budget and able to recruit higher calibre players than your competitors as we enjoyed last season but I'm not entirely convinced of it's effectiveness when all of the above aren't at play at a significantly higher level .

The very first game of the season will be a massive test , Fulham have significantly better players , they are in affect a replica of ourselves last season , a big budget looking to bounce straight back and coming here on the opening day fully expecting the 3 points .

The high press style could easily be made to look like headless chickens running round .

I take the point Fulham are possibly a standout championship club and easier games lay ahead but none the less Stendel may need to have more in his locker at this level if we are to keep our heads above water .

" they are in affect a replica of ourselves last season" ? What are you talking about ?

Jags can do ten minutes SB in all fairness !!!

In all fairness 36 year old Jags could probably run rings round your newly recruited donkeys.

Do you think he's the only signing we've made ? Unlike some we haven't sold our best player( s) and to who, Preston, Brentford, Luton, Millwall.

I know, " Premier League " Good in it ! You can only dream.

To be fair our chances of stopping up are about the same as yours. At least we'll still be playing at a good level.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast