+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can’t believe I am thinking this, but something has to give! We are a shambles!!!

Can’t believe I am thinking this, but something has to give! We are a shambles!!!

Now is probably the time to relieve Stendel of his duties, I know i know, it’s stupid! But maybe not?
    I’m pretty sure whatever happens Stendel won’t sign a new contract at the end of the season, especially if we go down, which is where we are heading. Without a fight at present. Stendel obviously prefers the Gegenpress attack attack type tactics, and from what I’ve witnessed he seems unable to set them up in any other way.
    This isn’t a criticism of Stendel as I think he’s done a good job in his time with us, but he’s clearly been dealt a **** hand, and I bet he can’t wait to get back home.

Appointing someone like Adkins could be the way forward, experienced at grinding out results, worked wonders at Hull, and could give us a fighting chance at at least fighting for survival, because what’s happening now is shambolic, it’s spineless! I need something to hang on to, to be motivated to get to Oakwell. At the minute I can’t be arsed!

But then again the board are inept and can’t run a piss up in brewery, so It’s all pointless. What a sad state of affairs.

Barnsley manager Daniel Stendel:

"We played like a youth team in a lot of situations.
    "At half-time I thought ok it was not our best half but at 1-1 with one chance is good but the second-half was the worst that I can remember at Barnsley.
    "Preston played good you can see the table but we played like a team that is not good enough to play in the Championship.

The centre backs were pathetic against Derby so he put Sibbick in there today and they were 10 times as bad.
    What could he do because Anderson was his only option.
    Most of the problems were of their own making. We gave it away so many times in dangerous areas.
    The manager can only do so much with so many players woefully out of their depth.

Daniel ez been shafted by the owners. Spud and the Recruitment Team think they are wonderful but they are sh1te. They should be to held to blame, not Daniel.

Ain't anybody who can manage this club at this level under this policy and get the required results .

Adkins wouldn't do any better .

As I said on another thread Stendel was identified by the owners as a coach who played the way they wanted the club to go about things .

As far as I can see he's delivering minus the results .

It's an entertaining brand of football , it doesn't produce the results we want but he's doing what it says on his tin .

If the owners want success and pleasing football then its going to cost them a £100m investment at this level .

Perhaps Conway should try investing a few thousand dollars in a film and try to make a multi million dollar profit from it .

That in essence is what he's expecting Stendel to do , good script but the actors are shyte .

second half, barnsley sunday league at best woeful defending cant pass a ball we forget what colour we are playing in dreadful, see you in 2 weeks against swansea and hope we have see the worse, dont worry be happy after all its only a game, my friend and next door neighbour as a kid jeff wont be there

I know it's the Hecky situation all over again isn't it. The manager/coach is getting done over by his employers, who all think they know better.
    I don't blame Stendel and to be honest I can't blame the kids/players either, they're garbage at this level and they and we all know it too.
    At this moment this season feels like it's a complete write off already and it could be one of the worst ever. Who remembers the enjoyment of promotion eh ?, well the owners killed that off as quickly as they could!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I know it's the Hecky situation all over again isn't it. The manager/coach is getting done over by his employers, who all think they know better.
    I don't blame Stendel and to be honest I can't blame the kids/players either, they're garbage at this level and they and we all know it too.
    At this moment this season feels like it's a complete write off already and it could be one of the worst ever. Who remembers the enjoyment of promotion eh ?, well the owners killed that off as quickly as they could!!.
    We were the best team in league one last season and I don't care what anybody says , the reason we didn't end up with a 100 points was because we suffered a number of injuries to our two key strikers , our best defensive midfield player and had to play a number of games with players missing due to international call ups , the fact we attained 91 points and automatic promotion was testament to the sides ability because our rivals didn't have to contend with such adversity

Look at Charlton Athletic , fecking play off winners and 12 points more than we have , Luton are far more competitive than we are .

Are they getting bankrolled to the tune of multi millions ? ..... are they feck .

We should be holding our own comfortably with the resources we have , they just don't spend it reight .

Total w@nkers running this club .

There are NO excuses for what they are doing, there is NO appeasement! They are shafting us for their gain end of.
    Total disrespect for us and the town, I don’t expect the owners to break the club financially so that we can compete, what I do expect is that they listen to the Manager on the players he wants not decide that themselves with only money in mind.
    I hate them, I really hate them a lot.

Agreed!.
    When have we ever spent money correctly though when it comes to player replacements ?. (the only one that springs to mind maybe was Arry De Zeeuw replacing Gerry Taggs in '95!).
    This spreadsheet theory and the idea that we must be self reliable and not get into debts etc, its all well in principle. But surely not when it's stopping us moving forward, and merely keeping us stale all the time.

While we are easily hoodwinked by early bird offers and buy STi’s in our droves the board can do whatever they like because the “give them a chance, haven’t seen em kick a ball yet” brigade will keep this cycle going year in year out. They sell off our team whenever we settle on a good side and buy the new breed to go round again. Pretty boring really.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast