+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stendel

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Luke Freeman--- 0 Premier League appearances

Callum Robinson---4 sub Prem appearances for Villa pre2016

There's two at the level you now need.

To be fair Luke Freeman and Callum Robinson have at least played at Championship level. Your new signings have been where, Accrington and Grimsby on loan, Danish " Super League" God knows where else, Wimbledon

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    To be fair Luke Freeman and Callum Robinson have at least played at Championship level. Your new signings have been where, Accrington and Grimsby on loan, Danish " Super League" God knows where else, Wimbledon
    Wait while 27th and we'll have a better idea where we both stand

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    I hardly think you can judge our season on the merits of playing a bunch of old men in a pre season friendly Dooali .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I hardly think you can judge our season on the merits of playing a bunch of old men in a pre season friendly Dooali .
    Can you reply to the Fulham comparison question please ?

You should be a politician always avoiding questions.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    I'll tell you where you won't be, in the automatic promotion positions.

What is it 100 years of 2nd tier football and only one promotion ?

Beat us in a friendly and you'll think you've won the World Cup

Be funny if Stendel ends up at the Rust Bucket

I'll tell you where you won't be, in the automatic promotion positions.

What is it 100 years of 2nd tier football and only one promotion ?

Beat us in a friendly and you'll think you've won the World Cup
    You've had one season in the PL in the last 25 years , the same as ourselves .

I get your excitement , it's like your 21st birthday or your 50th , that kind of event .

I absolutely love and respect Stendel , breath of fresh air who has turned the clubs fortunes right around .

I don't necessarily subscribe to the easy ride of league one because he inherited a bunch of young players low on confidence and I dare say scared and turned them in to a very exciting team to watch who played with a likeable arrogance and swagger , not an easy thing to achieve .

There's an however .......

This coming season will be a real test of his ability tactically , I'm going to be interested to see if Stendel isn't a one trick pony .

My concern and in my opinion is that the high press counter atacking style is somewhat of a rich mans toy , perfectly fine when you have a bigger budget and able to recruit higher calibre players than your competitors as we enjoyed last season but I'm not entirely convinced of it's effectiveness when all of the above aren't at play at a significantly higher level .

The very first game of the season will be a massive test , Fulham have significantly better players , they are in affect a replica of ourselves last season , a big budget looking to bounce straight back and coming here on the opening day fully expecting the 3 points .

The high press style could easily be made to look like headless chickens running round .

I take the point Fulham are possibly a standout championship club and easier games lay ahead but none the less Stendel may need to have more in his locker at this level if we are to keep our heads above water .

So you're not going to reply to the Fulham question i asked. Thought so. Bottler

You've had one season in the PL in the last 25 years , the same as ourselves .

I get your excitement , it's like your 21st birthday or your 50th , that kind of event .

But we're in it next season. Whereas you'd have to live to about 200 at this rate to witness Barnsley in the top flight again.

In fact the PL is only about 27 years old and this will be our 4th season in it. Not great but 300% better than Barnsley and our 62nd year at top level.
    Last edited by Wardy; 21-07-2019 at 11:48 AM.

But we're in it next season. Whereas you'd have to live to about 200 at this rate to witness Barnsley in the top flight again.

In fact the PL is only about 27 years old and this will be our 4th season in it. Not great but 300% better than Barnsley and our 62nd year at top level.
    Honestly, nobody cares

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast