+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Early days....

Early days....

But looking really good. Real pacy attack.

We still need what I would call “a penalty box centre forward” to convert some of the crosses and cut backs we played. But where do we find a Louis Moult or Dougie Arnott. Could Craig Tanner be the man if we can get him back to full fitness

No, Craig Tanner will not be that man.

I really liked Tanner but even if we get him fit again - which must be no better than 50-50 - he's never a number nine.

I still think that despite Robinson's comments, we will find an out and out striker by the end of August. Things happen towards the end of the window, players who wouldn't sign for us in June may find their desired better offer hasn't materialised or fallen through, a new signing suddenly makes someone fifth choice...we will see. Despite his goals, and an improved performance as the game went on, I don't think we can count on Scott yet.

Yeah, Tanner is not a number 9 and there are, unfortunately, question marks over his future. I'd like to see an out and out striker brought in before the window closes, which in England, is early next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    Yeah, Tanner is not a number 9 and there are, unfortunately, question marks over his future. I'd like to see an out and out striker brought in before the window closes, which in England, is early next month.
    Agreed about striker - I really liked the look of the trialist - Benteke ? - at Gretna. Did our interest cool, or has he gone elsewhere?

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Craig Tanner ever kicks another ball for us, it's got to be a tall order given his injuries and length of the layoff.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    I'll be pleasantly surprised if Craig Tanner ever kicks another ball for us, it's got to be a tall order given his injuries and length of the layoff.
    I would agree and surprised offered a contract .. IMO a waste of a salary.

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    I would agree and surprised offered a contract .. IMO a waste of a salary.
    We gave him a short-term deal to 'complete' his recovery and tide him over until he can essentially go on trial with us in late summer to see if he gets a real deal. It was the right thing to do and will cost us virtually nothing.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)