+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kristian Dennis?

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I've heard Stead isn't happy at Harrogate.
    Well it can't be the town. Looking forward to taking my lad up on Tuesday for his first ever visit.

I agree with previous posters. Dennis looked dangerous when he came on yesterday. Had more strikes on goal than the entire team had last Saturday and forced a decent save from Loach.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I thought he was the only forward yesterday who at least tried to find some space and the only one who looked like scoring.
    Created more on his own than the rest of the team put together. Dennis hasn’t had a good spell in the side, so no idea how people can moan about what he has or hasn’t done for us.

A couple of times he was running looking along the line for a quick through ball from a freekick but we didn't spot it.
    Hope he starts Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    A couple of times he was running looking along the line for a quick through ball from a freekick but we didn't spot it.
    Hope he starts Tuesday.
    He just needs decent service and a run in the team. No use punting high balls at him. A target man would bring him into the game, and also allow Enzio to play down the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Hope he starts Tuesday.
    This is the one reason why I think Doyle could still work for us. At free kicks he is always looking for a runner to take a quick one, Dennis might just be the player Doyle has been looking for?

When we played both Enoch and Stead as target men only Enoch fitted that role. Stead should have been allowed to play as a free spirit, to wander wherever the vibes felt good. Instead, we played the hefty hoof forward, it looked clumsy but we stuck with it and Dennis was sidelined. We should now be looking for another Enoch Showumni for Dennis and Enzio to feed off and both given the free role that Stead should have had.

Dennis could be one of the answers we are looking for, but we have to get away from signing some big monster, because that's what works in Non-League.

If we have two quick forwards and keep the ball on the ground, we could easier make the big clumsy centre-half look like what they are.

The best use of what we have is to play Dennis up front with whoever we bring in and leave Enzio on the left wing where he cuts in and scores goals. That means admitting Tyson is a mistake, but he can go on the bench to save face.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234