+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: o/t Music on the tannoy in Rotherham Tesco's

o/t Music on the tannoy in Rotherham Tesco's

Absolutely awful shopping experience this morning

80's music blaring out over a terrible tannoy system, whirling feedback, distorted echoes.

It sounded as if Rio by Duran Duran and heart of glass by Blondie was being piped through an enormous hoover

Who thought this would make the shopping experience more enjoyable?

There were 2 dozen people complaining....one pensioner clutching his hearing aid. Even the checkout girl was wincing.

Why do people think we need a background too banal and idiotic, music, to go shopping, wait for bus, stand in a lift or wait on the phone?.

That would be the Universal Music Pipe (UMP) that is used by supermarkets across the world to simultaneously stream the same music everywhere. One day, in an Avengers like plot (the John Steed version not this modern day crap), someone, somewhere will be able to take over and control the minds of shoppers around the globe to rise up against the establishment

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Absolutely awful shopping experience this morning

80's music blaring out over a terrible tannoy system, whirling feedback, distorted echoes.

It sounded as if Rio by Duran Duran and heart of glass by Blondie was being piped through an enormous hoover

Who thought this would make the shopping experience more enjoyable?

There were 2 dozen people complaining....one pensioner clutching his hearing aid. Even the checkout girl was wincing.

Why do people think we need a background too banal and idiotic, music, to go shopping, wait for bus, stand in a lift or wait on the phone?.
    Goodness me! It wasn't background noise. It was a fundraising event for Cancer Research, British Heart Foundation and Diabetes UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Goodness me! It wasn't background noise. It was a fundraising event for Cancer Research, British Heart Foundation and Diabetes UK.
    Why the music?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Why the music?
    They were encouraging people to dance.

Well, I usually donate to these causes. Not today. I couldn't get out of there quick enough. . I feel sorry for the staff.

IBS, Patty's choice of music can be questionable at times......probably sounded perfect to him through his deaf aids...

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    IBS, Patty's choice of music can be questionable at times......probably sounded perfect to him through his deaf aids...
    My deaf aids give perfect sound resonance thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    My deaf aids give perfect sound resonance thank you very much.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    What?
    You're welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast