+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance Against Wallsall

Quote Originally Posted by NottsOnTheUp View Post
    Sorry, I don’t qualify to change my name to ITK!

I really believe in the Power of Positivity! Like confidence in a team, MAKES A DIFFERENCE!

Why not join me?

COYP
    You mean if you say #promotion enough times, or #faith, or #NextEnglandManager then along with #Sale it will happen regardless?

#lotterywin #lotterywin #lotterywin

ad infinitum.

In my book a bit of common sense, ability and humility go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Perhaps the 1,000 supporters have shown they really care for Notts, unlike some who perhaps only talk a good game.
    Someone had to say it. Well done.

The big question is whether any potential new owners were in the directors box - otherwise, all of these encouraging results in pre-season are all going to be for naught.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    You mean if you say #promotion enough times, or #faith, or #NextEnglandManager then along with #Sale it will happen regardless?

ad infinitum.

In my book a bit of common sense, ability and humility go a long way.
    It worked in Beetlejuice, and in Candyman.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Perhaps the 1,000 supporters have shown they really care for Notts, unlike some who perhaps only talk a good game.
    I think there were reasons for going and reasons for not going. It doesn't make one set of people 'true supporters', or mugs, come to that. There's no need for people to fall out over everything, and no need for others to encourage them doing so, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I think there were reasons for going and reasons for not going. It doesn't make one set of people 'true supporters', or mugs, come to that. There's no need for people to fall out over everything, and no need for others to encourage them doing so, IMO.
    Agreed. Nice to see both schools of thought represented though.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I know its only a friendly but i have to say Ardley has earned himself a clean slate with me, i was a big critic for the last third of the season, the way he has conducted himself pre-season and what he's been able to get out of a very very limited squad is pretty impressive considering the circumstances.
    Ardley already had a clean slate with me. Last season he took over a team that had been badly prepared from pre-season, with very limited options to change the personnel. If players like Mitch Rose and Jim O'Brien represent the type that Ardley wants, then the longer he gets to build a team the better it should become.

Today's performance was decent, especially given the circumstances. The players aren't getting paid, and yet I saw more application and effort from the squad today than I did in any of the pre-season friendlies last year.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I have been pro-Ardley throughout. He is the right man to see Notts through if they sort out the finances.
    Also pro Ardley sidders, he is the right man for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I know its only a friendly but i have to say Ardley has earned himself a clean slate with me, i was a big critic for the last third of the season, the way he has conducted himself pre-season and what he's been able to get out of a very very limited squad is pretty impressive considering the circumstances.
    Sounds like the players have been professional in pre-season and that reflects well on Ardley. He still has it all to prove after the way we went down last season, but credit where its' due.

Osbourne had a good game. Full of enthusiam and running. It was nice to see someone with the confidence to take on the defender and whip in a cross. Something weve been lacking lately. Not one for the future, hes ready now. Tyson still has some pace. He could create problems if hes given the chance.
    On the whole a good performance and a decent afternoon out. Coyp

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast