+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance Against Wallsall

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Osbourne had a good game. Full of enthusiam and running. It was nice to see someone with the confidence to take on the defender and whip in a cross. Something weve been lacking lately. Not one for the future, hes ready now.

The phrase "one for the future" should be banned for all eternity. Whenever it has been applied to Notts signings it has effectively meant "not good enough now, and never will be". The only "ones for the future" we should be indulging are our own youth team.

Thought we were cp@p in the first half but better in the second. Enzio( always rated that lad), as well as his 2 goals played well up top and actually looked like he was trying! Tyson's pace caused them problems, I would give the lad a 1-year contract if we ever find ourselves in a position to be able to. Thought Crawford showed some nice touches and Toots had a good game. None of the kids or the trialist really impressed me especially the left-back ( thought he was awful ) and the 4ft 6 center half though to be fair, despite giving everyone kitten at times reads the game well. For anyone who thought the atmosphere might be toxic, well there wasn't much of any atmosphere, very quiet. Great to be back down the Lane all told.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Osbourne had a good game. Full of enthusiam and running. It was nice to see someone with the confidence to take on the defender and whip in a cross. Something weve been lacking lately. Not one for the future, hes ready now. Tyson still has some pace. He could create problems if hes given the chance.
    On the whole a good performance and a decent afternoon out. Coyp
    If that's Osbourne having a good game, I would hate to see him having a bad un.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Thought we were cp@p in the first half but better in the second. Enzio( always rated that lad), as well as his 2 goals played well up top and actually looked like he was trying! Tyson's pace caused them problems, I would give the lad a 1-year contract if we ever find ourselves in a position to be able to. Thought Crawford showed some nice touches and Toots had a good game. None of the kids or the trialist really impressed me especially the left-back ( thought he was awful ) and the 4ft 6 center half though to be fair, despite giving everyone kitten at times reads the game well. For anyone who thought the atmosphere might be toxic, well there wasn't much of any atmosphere, very quiet. Great to be back down the Lane all told.
    Cynical me says something about Enzio and shop windows regarding his trying harder and looking like a player

The small centre-half I think was McCrory, who is actually a wing-back according to his Wiki profile, so maybe he was having to fill in today. He did look uncomfortable, but perhaps it's harsh to judge him on today. Can't be that bad if he's played nigh on 200 games for Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    The big question is whether any potential new owners were in the directors box - otherwise, all of these encouraging results in pre-season are all going to be for naught.

Dream on...

Not keen? I thought he did okay to be honest.

He always seemed to be involved in the game and tracked back quite a bit too. Wingers will always have more productive and less productive games in terms of genuine chances created, but the ones who worry me are those who just disappear if things aren't going well. Osbourne looks the type who will keep working and contributing to the team regardless, which is a good sign.

Agreed and Crawford!!! Wouldn't pay him in washers, hang on.................

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Cynical me says something about Enzio and shop windows regarding his trying harder and looking like a player
    Me and my lad said the same. Couldn't believe it when he actually challenged for the ball in the air! Nice new haircut as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Not keen? I thought he did okay to be honest.

He always seemed to be involved in the game and tracked back quite a bit too. Wingers will always have more productive and less productive games in terms of genuine chances created, but the ones who worry me are those who just disappear if things aren't going well. Osbourne looks the type who will keep working and contributing to the team regardless, which is a good sign.
    Maybe I was a bit harsh, he did track back a lot to be fair.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast