+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Performance Against Wallsall

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Yes, unfortunately.
    I keep hoping things are going to turn out alright but my head's been telling me we're in real trouble and have been since Hardy put us up for sale.
    The lack of any substantive statements from anyone other than Walter Mitty keeps gnawing away at the hope.

Hard to draw any conclusions from today, because of the half and half teams. Someone earlier asked how the trialists and kids played, so here are my thoughts:

O'Brien (keeper) - not a lot to do, could have tried to claim the corner they scored from.
    McCrory - looks a decent footballer, but quite a few dodgy moments. Didn't look a centre back, but worth another look.
    Camwell - average.
    O'Brien (Jim) - not one of his best games, but good to see him wearing a Notts shirt.
    Tyson - nothing special but again worth another look.

Osborne - defended well but not much attacking threat.
    Dunn - solid, should play a part this season.
    Patching - disappointing.
    Campbell - I liked him at this time last year, but he seems to have made no progress.
    Betts - did fairly well but a concern that he might be bullied by more physical strikers.
    Kellett, Crawford, Kennedy-Williams, Kelly-Evans - hard to judge in just 20 minutes.

Fairly promising overall, good for fitness and having a look at a few players against a team from a level above. If we can get someone to pay the wages and keep this squad together there should be enough there to at least be competitive. I am away for the Ipswich game on Tuesday, but hopefully Ardley will use it to get nearer his best eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by swalepie View Post
    agreed. Nice to see both schools of thought represented though.
    fence?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Just to keep things in perspex, Jack, Alfreeton beat Walsall 2-1, 2 weeks ago.

https://www.expressandstar.com/top-s...alsall-report/
    And played them off the pitch......

Nice build up for the first goal

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Yes, unfortunately.
    Come on then, tell us what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Enzio( always rated that lad), as well as his 2 goals played well up top and actually looked like he was trying!
    Strange how we all see different games. I thought he looked slow and disinterested,yet again. As for being man for man of the match...never.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    fence?
    Exactly. You're starting to learn now. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Strange how we all see different games. I thought he looked slow and disinterested,yet again. As for being man for man of the match...never.
    I think I might have mentioned it if I thought Enzio "looked slow and disinterested"! You are right about how we all see games, or indeed anything differently. We are all entitled to our own viewpoint, I just wish someone could tell faceache that.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I think I might have mentioned it if I thought Enzio "looked slow and disinterested"! You are right about how we all see games, or indeed anything differently. We are all entitled to our own viewpoint, I just wish someone could tell faceache that.
    Never thought I'd see the day where you're defending Enzio's performance to someone else

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast