+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The Samaritans.

Sirus the loony ban went his fictional figures and deenial of reality

Imagine being outnumbered by St Mirren at home, a club as small as the fun

Speaking of them, I've been in two crowds of 11-12k at Tannadice with them as opposition in the last decade, one with just shy of 11k arabs, the other with just less than a hundred of 10k arabs in attendance

Numbers the fun cannot match in modern era, this century, for your biggest event in decades you sold just shy of 8k for the "doon derby"... You can count on one hand the amount of times you have had 7k home fans at a game this decade

I'd be here all night listing the games we have had 7-8-9k

You have been slain for another night.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Don't deny it will be money well spent if he gets you up...just think it's a gamble that wouldn't have been taken if we weren't in the same league...as for CC33 whatever he cost it was worth it and we did get a million pound from Rangers for him
    When you spend over 26 MILLION POUNDS that you havnie got and win F ALL in the process,go into ADMIN twice,nearly go out of business twice then you are gambling,FACT.

[QUOTE=GUNBOAT;39276036]When you spend over 26 MILLION POUNDS that you havnie got and win F ALL in the process,go into ADMIN twice,nearly go out of business twice then you are gambling,FACT.[/QUOTE
    Still think if Dundee weren't relegated the Shankland gamble wouldn't have been taken....the ironic thing about it is our 2 visits to the sticklebrick will pay for his signing on fee...just hope we don't contribute to his bonus too😂

Peter i am really surprised that you think the Shankland signing is a gamble,he cost us nothing.If dfc had signed him you would be calling it the best bit of business done by a Championship club and i would have to agree through gritted teeth that you were correct.The biggest gamble in our league this season is the appointment of McPoke as a manager,not on a player who scored 33 goals at our level last season,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Peter i am really surprised that you think the Shankland signing is a gamble,he cost us nothing.If dfc had signed him you would be calling it the best bit of business done by a Championship club and i would have to agree through gritted teeth that you were correct.The biggest gamble in our league this season is the appointment of McPoke as a manager,not on a player who scored 33 goals at our level last season,FACT.
    Shankland is not the gamble... he's a proven goalscorer...and I said before you signed him he could be the difference between going up and not...I think the gamble is whether the rest of your team can play to his strengths and what I've seen of United recently they don't look to have much creativity....look more of a team that'll try and kick their way out of the league... McMullen looks your best player by a mile but he doesn't seem that well liked on here...and if we had signed Shankland it would've been good business imo...compared to our last few choices as manager I think McPake is less of a gamble than that last clown we had... anyway won't be long to it all starts and I'm looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Shankland is not the gamble... he's a proven goalscorer...and I said before you signed him he could be the difference between going up and not...I think the gamble is whether the rest of your team can play to his strengths and what I've seen of United recently they don't look to have much creativity....look more of a team that'll try and kick their way out of the league... McMullen looks your best player by a mile but he doesn't seem that well liked on here...and if we had signed Shankland it would've been good business imo...compared to our last few choices as manager I think McPake is less of a gamble than that last clown we had... anyway won't be long to it all starts and I'm looking forward to it
    Thats a very good observation and I fully agree - Shankland no gamble but if we cant supply him then we wont get much back

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Speaking of them, I've been in two crowds of 11-12k at Tannadice with them as opposition in the last decade, one with just shy of 11k arabs, the other with just less than a hundred of 10k arabs in attendance

Numbers the fun cannot match in modern era, this century, for your biggest event in decades you sold just shy of 8k for the "doon derby"... You can count on one hand the amount of times you have had 7k home fans at a game this decade

'slain' Stick to whatever fantasy game you're playing as reality escapes you with every post you make, 2k St Mirren fans is not actually more than 3.5k Dundee fans, bragging about 10k crowds where more than half were away fans, too funny. 6th biggest club in Scotland for the last 3 years since your relegation, 'comfortably', now that is delusion
    Last edited by Taintedice; 23-07-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    When you spend over 26 MILLION POUNDS that you havnie got and win F ALL in the process,go into ADMIN twice,nearly go out of business twice then you are gambling,FACT.
    Serious question, do you acknowledge that similar if not more was spent at Tannadice for just as little reward in the same time period? Do you acknowledge that United reduced debts by £10m in the 2000s by legal means in order to stave off insolvency, or was it just Dundee overspending?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Many dees at dens when we played Dumbarton?

1200 of you turned up in your greatest hour of need....

shedka comparing a playoff game with a meaningless fixture, how do you even respond. He's happier that 11k Arabs saw United not win than say if 50 saw United win and get promoted. Very strange.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)