+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ironing

Ironing

Mrs 59-60 is away at the Tatton Flower Show today so I have been pottering round the house.

I noticed a pile of ironing to be done and so, to retrieve some brownie points which I lost when I put a big pipe burn in one of my shirts that she particularly liked, I decided to rally round and polish off aforementioned ironing.

Does anyone on here do it regularly? It is almost impossible. If the garments were flat then I reckon I could do it. But shirts, pants etc are all curved , how are you supposed to get the creases out of that?

I spent two hours doing it but the creases are sh1te and there is always a crease somewhere that you can't get rid of.

I blame BBC newscasters. They set the standard for having well ironed togs. If they would read the news in an unironed shirt and jacket then it would become the norm. Does it REALLY matter if your clothes are crunched up?

I reckon the average family must WASTE 4 hours a week doing this useless task and the time could be better spent on stuff like watching telly or arguing about politics.

Can't iron. Don't iron. Won't iron. End of.

My wife has arthritis problems so I started ironing my own stuff 3 or 4 years back.Had a bit of guidance initially but now it's no problem.

could try calling these - 59'

Ah 59-60 and BT, it's an acquired art a bit like footy - the more you practise the better you get. Having said that I do the absolute minimum. Some people love it say it's very relaxing, I personally can think of other things I'd much rather do. A lot of clothes these days don't need ironing but shirts are a must. No point in wearing a shirt if it's not been ironed properly. I got it down to 5mins a shirt when my Harry was with us, which I was quite happy with. No doubt the experts will do it quicker. It's really a matter of timing y'know. Straight out of the washer, on the washing line, into the tumble dryer when it's still slightly damp and out it comes more or less not needing to be shown the iron.(This doesn't apply to shirts of course) There you have it boys. I've always believed in finding the quickest way to do jobs you don't enjoy doing, leaves for more time for watching the footy and stuff.

I only wear shirts for weddings and funerals ,so ironing isn't much of a problem for my missus,when we are away in the Motorhome anything that needs ironing goes under my seat..

Ironing is just a huge waste of time. The only reasonable use of an iron is to hit a decent tee shot of 250 yards on a tricky par four.

A few years ago Mrs S was banned from ironing after an op, I had to do it all, but I was given precise instructions on how best to iron each item of clothing, and to be honest, doing it the way I was told it wasn't too difficult, even shirts that had seemed impossible became fairly simple. But I was especially proud of the handkerchiefs, I was especially good with those.

Incidentally 59, you say the time ironing could be better spent watching the telly, Mrs S does both at the same time, but it's usually something that doesn't take much concentration, like the programme where B&B owners stay at someone else's B&B and search for dust, or moan about the breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Ironing is just a huge waste of time. The only reasonable use of an iron is to hit a decent tee shot of 250 yards on a tricky par four.
    PMSL at that one outwood.
    I just use a utility wood! (Don't suppose you could iron with one of those either?)

To Be Honest , You shouln"t have to be told to Iron!!,...You just do it, If it needs it!!
    Southerners have this thing about us,... I Can see why !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)