+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tickets

Tickets

Not a rant....just seen that fans with season tickets are encouraged to join the Claret Members scheme and pay £35 for the privilege of priority access to tickets, which includes £10 off a game so a net £25 outlay.

Tickets are strictly one per fan ID so if like me you live away and can't get to many games or maybe make the decision to go a few days beforehand & want sit with mates who are in the same boat there's no chance. In the Brian Little days when we were going for the league with the same capacity we have now we sold out 10 games and I never struggled.

Not sure how I feel about it really - very excited at the prospect of a good footballing side and with 30,000 season tickets sold maybe we're onto something big. What a difference a year makes in football eh!

Me and my lad in the same boat, we know we are not going to see many games this season but thats the price of success! The sooner they agree on the ground capacity increase the better, bring on the new North stand wrap A round...

Totally understand your predicament fellas. Many’s the time when I lived in the UK (20 odd yrs ago), the boss would tell us on a Friday, that we weren’t working the next day. First decision made was right I’ll pop down the Villa tomorrow then. We rarely worked weekends, but he wouldn’t confirm it til Friday. Due to the current demand for tickets, unfortunately for many, this is now not an option.

Having settled abroad, and now that I have a young ‘Villa nuts’ travelling companion we have to plan our visits a good month in advance, to avail of cheaper flights. We became Members 3 years ago and haven’t struggled for tickets since (plus we get 4 free match tickets for the young Villan, we won't see them this season). So it suited us. This was one of the real drawbacks of living so far away, not complaining, I’ve made my bed, and very comfy it is too. Apart from not being able to wander down to the match, or Club shop on a whim.

However I fear now, that despite being Members we will struggle, as Membership numbers and Season tickets have gone through the roof. Tis the price of success folks I’m afraid. Where were these fair weathered selfie obsessed ‘fans’ when we were sh1te? The ground will be full of snowflakes taking selfies and videos of themselves instead of roaring the team on.

This is why, a small part of me, a very small part of me (not that part), will miss the Championship. Accessibility to the Villa. We just want our Villa experience back. The last two seasons in the prem and the 1st two in the Champs were painful trips for the young Villan. But it sort of cemented his loyalty, a loyalty that could well become tested over the next few years.

As Dave says, ‘we’re gonna need a bigger boat’, unwrapped of course. .

Great post Exiled!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)