+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Bruce's managerial record

Steve Bruce's managerial record

He has been manager of 11 teams in his managerial career
    Resigned from 7 teams
    Sacked by 4 teams

36% win rate.

Resigned from 3 clubs managing them for less than 18 matches

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    36% win rate.

.. Not as bad a manager as you are thinking. Remember, most of that will be at clubs who had little finance. I know he's a hated figure with our lot, but he put a decent team together at Sunderland, before his best two players were sold from under his nose, and was very unlucky imo ..

.. Gona be an up hill battle, but I wouldn't rite him off. He's got an eye for a player, and you have that other fella back who has one as well .. Think you will be OK. Hope I'm wrong ..

.. P.S. You are going to have to get to Greggs early in the morning else you is not getting any food, and I hope you do not live near the same Kebab shop .. ..
    Last edited by andyj73; 24-07-2019 at 01:44 AM.

It doesn't matter what his managerial record was. It's what it is for us that will count.
    Past reputation, good bad or indifferent is all well and good to talk about but it never tells a true story of the present.

Bruce needs time to build his own squad and get the one's already here playing to his tune.
    Living on the past benefits nobody if it's negative. It's about moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    It doesn't matter what his managerial record was. It's what it is for us that will count.
    Past reputation, good bad or indifferent is all well and good to talk about but it never tells a true story of the present.

Bruce needs time to build his own squad and get the one's already here playing to his tune.
    Living on the past benefits nobody if it's negative. It's about moving on.
    Do you think Joelinton was part of Bruce’s own squad

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Do you think Joelinton was part of Bruce’s own squad
    He is now and that's what Bruce has to use and deal with.
    Like I said in my post: "Bruce needs time to build his own squad and get the one's already here playing to his tune."

This includes Joelinton in the already here bracket if the deal was done without Bruce's intervention, at all, even in the latter stages.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    He is now and that's what Bruce has to use and deal with.
    Like I said in my post: "Bruce needs time to build his own squad and get the one's already here playing to his tune."

This includes Joelinton in the already here bracket if the deal was done without Bruce's intervention, at all, even in the latter stages.
    In a perfect world yes but everyone knows that’s not try

Bruce will coach the players that are supplied to him by Ashley as he pulls all the strings at that Club

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)