+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Nolan - why hasn't he got a new job yet?

Kevin Nolan - why hasn't he got a new job yet?

Just wondering....if he is a good as some make out, how come he hasn't been snapped up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Just wondering....if he is a good as some make out, how come he hasn't been snapped up yet?
    Next England Manager, just waiting for Southgate to get sacked

Minted.

Do you know, that's something I've been wondering about for a while. He wasn't THAT bad, could it be a chip on his shoulder? A personality thing? Awaiting Notts to recall him?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Do you know, that's something I've been wondering about for a while. He wasn't THAT bad, could it be a chip on his shoulder? A personality thing? Awaiting Notts to recall him?

The reason he got the sack from us was prob due to his over indulgence in certain beverages. Praps until he sorts himself, no one will take a punt on him???

He was knocking about a couple of weeks ago, giving his backing to Mike Ashley at Newcastle.

Maybe he thought he was in the frame for that job.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    The reason he got the sack from us was prob due to his over indulgence in certain beverages. Praps until he sorts himself, no one will take a punt on him???
    I though he got the sack for a very poor start to last season, a start that showed no sign of improving. I also thought his "indulgence" was just a rumour spread on NM, I don't remember any reports of any embarrassing situations. Besides, a fondness of the bottle didn't stop the success of many managers, including Ferguson and Cloughie.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I though he got the sack for a very poor start to last season, a start that showed no sign of improving. I also thought his "indulgence" was just a rumour spread on NM, I don't remember any reports of any embarrassing situations. Besides, a fondness of the bottle didn't stop the success of many managers, including Ferguson and Cloughie.
    The ‘indulgence’ wasn’t a rumour. How much this contributed to his sacking, is open for debate.

I would suggest that it contributed to his lack of focus and ultimately, the team being under prepared. This lead to poor results and his sacking.

The culture of a team and club comes from the top i.e. the manager and the chairman/owner. What became increasingly apparent from last summer onwards was that there were serious flaws with both.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Does he need a job? Has he been applying for jobs?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast