+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Nolan - why hasn't he got a new job yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    The ‘indulgence’ wasn’t a rumour. How much this contributed to his sacking, is open for debate.

I would suggest that it contributed to his lack of focus and ultimately, the team being under prepared. This lead to poor results and his sacking.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Just wondering....if he is a good as some make out, how come he hasn't been snapped up yet?
    He was on a 3 year contract so I presume we are still paying his wages (or was).

If you believe all the garbage churned out on social media, it was said that he applied for the Shrewsbury and Wimbledon jobs.

IMO he wasn't anything special as a manager, relied too much on his favoured players / drinking buddies. Tactically one dimensional.

Re: his 'alleged drink problem. Several people posted photos of Nolan on social media where he was clearly 'worse for wear'. Some of the photos were taken on the eve of matchday...

We're still (or would be if we paid anyone) paying his and Harry Kewell's wages until they get a new job so that's one reason and secondly, he just moved his family here before getting the sack and wants something without a big commute if possible, so until the "perfect job" comes along he's in no rush to go anywhere, especially seeing as he can get pundit work and probably isn't short of cash anyway.

@Pravda, not sure about Shrewsbury but he applied for the Ipswich job in the pre season before he was sacked

Talk Sport pundit...well it pays his beer money I guess...

The ‘indulgence’ wasn’t a rumour. How much this contributed to his sacking, is open for debate.

I would suggest that it contributed to his lack of focus and ultimately, the team being under prepared. This lead to poor results and his sacking.
    Really you know a lot about him, he lives close by me his wife & family Like Kevin are very nice people
    I like Laxton think a lot has been made of the drinking and I think you need to get a grip on that Tar Brush of yours because it is very much OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Really you know a lot about him, he lives close by me his wife & family Like Kevin are very nice people
    I like Laxton think a lot has been made of the drinking and I think you need to get a grip on that Tar Brush of yours because it is very much OTT.
    I didn’t and don’t claim to know a lot about him. Nor did I suggest that he or his family weren’t nice people.

I consider my self to be a ‘nice’ person. However, if I were consuming reasonably large volumes of alcohol on a fairly regular basis, I would be less than effective at my job.

So, please read post before replying.

I didn’t and don’t claim to know a lot about him. Nor did I suggest that he or his family weren’t nice people.

I consider my self to be a ‘nice’ person. However, if I were consuming reasonably large volumes of alcohol on a fairly regular basis, I would be less than effective at my job.

So, please read post before replying.
    Hear say or fact the alcohol, that's the question.

I witnessed 1 occasion at a T20 match with crossley and Thomas, night before Cambridge away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Hear say or fact the alcohol, that's the question.
    You original post suggested more.

Not taking into account the various pictures and stories on social media, fact.

Where it becomes subjective is, 2 drinks is 1 too many for one man and not enough for another. For me, it was too much and too often in public for someone in his position.

It then, in my opinion, doesn’t take a massive leap of faith to associate drinking habit with poor performance.

Jackal refered to culture being created by the guys at the top. I believe the manager should lead by example, again for me this was not happening.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast