+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burton 2 v Derby 5

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I wasn't keen on McGraths fitness but when you're good you're good and Jacks good.Would love to know why he's not
    being played though!
    McGrath was, imo, different. It was the end of his career and we knew we were buying quality albeit slightly knackered quality.
    Jim Smith always knew he wouldn’t be able to train but he put in a performance each and every time he pulled on a shirt and, as I remember, was almost ever present.
    Marriott should be in his prime and there really shouldn’t be a fitness issue. Didn’t seem to be one at Elland Road when he suddenly produced an unexpected ninetyish minutes from nowhere yet he could still only manage the last twenty at Wembley and now it seems to be happening again.
    Something’s not quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I rate Jack so I'd say no, but if we're not playing him on a regular basis he has to go!
    MoP I would not like to see us sell him. Not only a great finisher he's also a very good footballer But there certainly seems to be a problem with his availability to play . Allsorts of rumours flying about ,I won't repeat them because I don't believe them But this latest injury Cocu saying it's nothing serious ,but not saying what it is

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    McGrath was, imo, different. It was the end of his career and we knew we were buying quality albeit slightly knackered quality.
    Jim Smith always knew he wouldn’t be able to train but he put in a performance each and every time he pulled on a shirt and, as I remember, was almost ever present.
    Marriott should be in his prime and there really shouldn’t be a fitness issue. Didn’t seem to be one at Elland Road when he suddenly produced an unexpected ninetyish minutes from nowhere yet he could still only manage the last twenty at Wembley and now it seems to be happening again.
    Something’s not quite right.
    RA he actually played 49minutes in the semi But understand what you mean about him being in his prime

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA he actually played 49minutes in the semi But understand what you mean about him being in his prime
    My mistake...I was thinking we played extra time for some reason. Forgot...we didn’t need it.

So you are against Jaxit too, rA?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So you are against Jaxit too, rA?
    Not sure...like the B-word...something’s going on but I don’t think we know enough.

Unlike the B-word...I agree with MoP...if he isn’t going to be available he’s no use to us. Like to see him r-word and prove himself.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MA The positional play of both full backs is really poor Don't like to be to harsh but Bogle to blame for an awful lot of goals we conceded towards the end of the season. That's probably why nobody seems to want to take a gamble on him Great at attacking but his job is to defend Thought Zoon did ok yesterday never thought I'd say that Strongly rumoured Huddersfield have offered £10million for Marriott , wonder if Mel will cash in on him
    Mista, I can only assume that Bogle and Malone rampaging forward simultaneously is playing to orders. In that case it is the manager (FL then and PC now) to blame for giving them poor instructions and/or telling them to be lees adventurous, not the players. I agree with your conclusion but, IMO, we can't blame the players for following instructions.

As for Marriott, the club is saying he was injured.......... make of that what you will.

MA yes pretty sure they are playing to instructions But I also don't think they can play any other way Heart in mouth time every time the opposition crosses Burton scored with their first cross Looks like we're not going to spend in this window so we will have to put up with it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)