+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sunday Times Article

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Do your research Sid. He’s as red as you.
    Does doing your research mean rereading Wikipedia three times? What deeper research than that have you done? Liddle was at school in Guisborough when I was teaching in the area. He's red all right - a red neck. Like I said earlier, he's a classic case of a leftie turning king's evidence in later years and joining the opposition.
    A close reading of his constantly misogynistic views will tell you he's well to the right. Incidentally, he supports the Boro as well as Millwall. And what nerve he has, slagging off clubs like Notts for overspending when there are so many more examples higher up the league and closer to his London home.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Can't argue with the that, and I've never denied that forest are a big club. Club stature is more a combination of competition history, fanbase, and stadium size than current league position. Which is why we are still a bigger club than Bury or Accrington.
    I'd say more than most. In this country everyone knows your team's name and that it's an old and respected club. If a team like, say, Luton or Northampton went down it would probably cause less of a reaction. I'm not saying that people couldn't sleep at night when they heard but there's that moment of shock.

Anyway, as I've always said, I'd like to see you with decent owners, back in the League and doing well. Nottingham should have two teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Certainly not. That would makes us Forest fans.
    Which I'd hate.

Not because of you but because County needs to keep its fans.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Does doing your research mean rereading Wikipedia three times? What deeper research than that have you done? Liddle was at school in Guisborough when I was teaching in the area. He's red all right - a red neck. Like I said earlier, he's a classic case of a leftie turning king's evidence in later years and joining the opposition.
    A close reading of his constantly misogynistic views will tell you he's well to the right. Incidentally, he supports the Boro as well as Millwall. And what nerve he has, slagging off clubs like Notts for overspending when there are so many more examples higher up the league and closer to his London home.
    He's traditional Labour not hard left. That's where you are getting confused.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456