+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Times Article

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I know what you mean, but I didn't know he was a Conservative until I read his Wikipedia entry.

What came across to me is that he thinks we deserve our fate, without being able to separate Hardy from the fans in that 'we'. Like Thatcher, he seems quite happy for businesses/communities to go to the wall if they can't pay their way. So although I didn't realise how right wing he clearly is, and I criticised his article on his shallow examination of our issues, I tend to agree with Sid on this occasion.

Btw, it was a great contribution by Soccerman in the Nottingham Post comments, who found time amonst the Notts stories to go on about 'Steptoe'.
    He isn't, he's left-wing. He voted for he Conservatives once as a protest against Corbyn who he hates but has said he will never do so again. He wouldn't stand or The Brexit Party either because he thought they might be right-wing.
    BTW, he supports Millwall, not a big club.

It's a bloody awful article who someone who hasn't even tried to understand the issues in any depth. Take this: for in excess of £5m, which would be steepish for a lower-level Championship outfit

I know of a 'lower-level Championship outfit' not far from here that has changed hands more than once for far, far more than that. I agree Hardy's asking price is too high, but what does this man know about the true value of lower league teams?
    Like it or not, Forest are not a "lower-level Championship outfit" they are a large club with an enviable trophy cabinet and a large fan base. They will always be sold for far more than one of the smaller, less famous clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    Like it or not, Forest are not a "lower-level Championship outfit" they are a large club with an enviable trophy cabinet and a large fan base. They will always be sold for far more than one of the smaller, less famous clubs.
    Are you not familiar with the lower echelons of the Championship table then? On loan to Division One? Recently promoted from League One more like. You were good in the late 70s, early 80s. Now you are ****e. Just accept it.

2014/15 14th
    2015/16 16th
    2016/17 21st
    2017/18 17th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...t_F.C._seasons

Short memories.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 22-07-2019 at 09:51 PM.

He isn't, he's left-wing. He voted for he Conservatives once as a protest against Corbyn who he hates but has said he will never do so again. He wouldn't stand or The Brexit Party either because he thought they might be right-wing.
    BTW, he supports Millwall, not a big club.

He’s a racist wife beater who writes bullshi!t articles, about subjects of which he knows nothing.

The Notts one is a typical example.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Apart from the money put in by his Paragon enterprises why on earth should any other business have to suffer losses (well, Branston apart) on account of some egotistical trip. AFC Notts can serve the community so that argument does not stand. What do you want? Nationalisation!!
    No, I just want to have the Times version of Richard Littlejohn be a little less patronising and gloating about the failure of 'little clubs' like Notts. Looks like he may have to eat his words anyway.

Are you not familiar with the lower echelons of the Championship table then? On loan to Division One? Recently promoted from League One more like. You were good in the late 70s, early 80s. Now you are ****e. Just accept it.

2014/15 14th
    2015/16 16th
    2016/17 21st
    2017/18 17th.

Short memories.
    I accept that, but Manchester City, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds and Nottingham Forest (together with some others) can go down into League 1 and still pull in 20,000 crowds. The set-up of the clubs is more like a Premier League club than a League 1 club.

If you had the choice of buying either Leeds United or Barnsley, even though the teams might be in the same position at the foot of the table you would pay far more for Leeds because of its name, recognisability worldwide, the facilities it has, its attractiveness to others and its ability to pull in 30,000 supporters at huge prices. I'm sorry if you don't recognise this but its a fact.

2014/15 14th
    2015/16 16th
    2016/17 21st
    2017/18 17th.

Short memories.
    Just as a quick response to your, "you are ***e" comment.

Would you really not prefer to be in our position?

Just as a quick response to your, "you are ***e" comment.

Would you really not prefer to be in our position?
    Certainly not. That would makes us Forest fans.

I accept that, but Manchester City, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds and Nottingham Forest (together with some others) can go down into League 1 and still pull in 20,000 crowds. The set-up of the clubs is more like a Premier League club than a League 1 club.

If you had the choice of buying either Leeds United or Barnsley, even though the teams might be in the same position at the foot of the table you would pay far more for Leeds because of its name, recognisability worldwide, the facilities it has, its attractiveness to others and its ability to pull in 30,000 supporters at huge prices. I'm sorry if you don't recognise this but its a fact.
    Can't argue with the that, and I've never denied that forest are a big club. Club stature is more a combination of competition history, fanbase, and stadium size than current league position. Which is why we are still a bigger club than Bury or Accrington.

Do your research Sid. He’s as red as you.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast