+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Times Article

It’s a crap article written by a **** stealing a living as a journalist.

What the f00k is he on about with Juventus?

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    In any other business the person pays his/her agent. Only football clubs are so stupid as to pay the agents directly. A theatre doesn’t pay an actor’s agent. The actor does. In effect the club is paying someone else's employees - utter madness and crass stupidity, i.e. English football.

Agreed...

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Correct. Whoever can save this club from the grim reaper had better be someone who is frugal, financially astute and strong with it to avoid the resistance because this dice with death would all soon be forgotten. Or they gift the club the money they spend running up a tab instead of loaning it to the club then trying to pass the tab onto a future owner.

The thing is if we had spent beyond our means and ended up in League One or the Championship and were in this problem (like Bolton and Bury) then we would have some form of safety net in terms of how far we could fall before going out of the league.

What angers and annoys me the most apart from the overspending is the chronic wastage of money. It's that more than anything that has all but killed this club. It's been the worst under Hardy's rein as well in my opinion. There is even a thread at the moment talking about Kevin Nolan probably still being paid by the club. Then there was the compensation to Crawley for Harry Kewell and his assistant Warren Feeney which according to reports was £400,000. Not forgetting the "significant six figure sum" for Enzio. Crawley did exceptionally well financially out of this club last season.

Who knows how lucrative the contracts were for Hemmings, Dennis, Boldwejin and Vaughan?

There was £55,130 spent on players agents (parasites) last season for Ross Fitzsimons, Kristian Dennis, Andrew Kellett, Kane Hemmings, Dan Jones, Branislav Pindroch, Will Patching, Enzio Boldewijn, David Vaughan, Rob Milsom, Elliott Ward, Jim O’Brien, Cedric Evina, Tom Crawford and Mitchell Rose.

Two thirds of those agent's (parasites) fees were a waste of money as a load of those players contributed nothing. Not forgetting the wages paid out to them during the season as well.

This highlights where the biggest wastage of money is and it's managers and players. For too long under different owners we have wasted and squandered money on "experienced" or "one for the future" types of players who are either passed it or will never make it. We've sacked managers on a whim and got other managers in which costs money. We've had squads that have had players in from two or three managers ago. No manager ever has their own full squad.

The clubs had a culture certainly in this decade of quantity over quality in terms of players coming in. We've had too many seasons of bloated and inflated squads of 30-40 players.

It was the worst in the Derry season where I think we had about 40 players some who would only make the odd appearance and disappear. I keep saying and will continue to do so that it's not sustainable yet it has gone on and on and on. As I've pointed out many times in the past over 200 players since Munto and 8 managers is now why the club is where it's at with possibly 10 days left unless this takeover happens quickly.

It's a complete and utter disgrace and I only hope somehow the club can get through this and rebuild properly like the Burton Albion's and Accringtons of this world because it can be done if the people at the top set their stall out properly with strong foundations and a club philosophy and then get the right managers who then recruit the right players to suit that philosophy. Plus stick with it through the tough times as well.
    There is not one thing to disagree with there. Other than than the fact it is not a complete and utter disgrace it is a lot worse than that and the last 3 custodians of Notts have all significantly contributed to the issue(s).,

It beggars belief, that so called successful business men can make such a complete and utter ballsup of it. It gives me hope for my future knowing there are so many complete and utter fuqwits in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    It beggars belief, that so called successful business men can make such a complete and utter ballsup of it. It gives me hope for my future knowing there are so many complete and utter fuqwits in the world.
    I do think that at some point soon more information about the true extent of Notts debts will come out. I wait with interest to see the full story. Of course the accounts are overdue but the historical build up over the past few years has been posted before. I would really like to know what Hardy has to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Also, that part about us being one of the favourites the season before last - where did he get that from? We massively overachieved in finishing 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    There is not one thing to disagree with there. Other than than the fact it is not a complete and utter disgrace it is a lot worse than that and the last 3 custodians of Notts have all significantly contributed to the issue(s).,
    Agreed. Excellent post from MAD_MAGPIE.

One thing I find hard to understand is how Hardy managed to come in and repeat ALL of Trew's mistakes.

Bizarre managerial appointments and sackings. Allowing each new manager to bring in their own players, resulting in a bloated squad. Signing 'ones for the future' and aging mercenaries on a big wages, instead of just trying to get decent L2 players in their prime. Getting sucked into ridiculous arguments on social media. Kicking the financial can further down the street by overspending and burdening the club with business debts.

Rather than learning from what Trew got wrong, it's like Hardy tried to outdo him. That's pretty much the only thing he succeeded at doing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

This ^^^^ 100%

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    One thing I find hard to understand is how Hardy managed to come in and repeat ALL of Trew's mistakes.

Bizarre managerial appointments and sackings. Allowing each new manager to bring in their own players, resulting in a bloated squad. Signing 'ones for the future' and aging mercenaries on a big wages, instead of just trying to get decent L2 players in their prime. Getting sucked into ridiculous arguments on social media. Kicking the financial can further down the street by overspending and burdening the club with business debts.

Rather than learning from what Trew got wrong, it's like Hardy tried to outdo him. That's pretty much the only thing he succeeded at doing.
    Because both had "5 Year to the Championship" plans, both had early success so believed that it wasn't has hard as folk made out to be, both then got impatient when the instant success didn't continue, neither listened to or found good advisors and both only were successful in their own areas because they stumbled on it.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

Hardy is physically incapable of making mistakes

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast