+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friendlies Live

Well it wasn’t second half performance but last 20 ? Apart from McGinn who I think will replace the impressive Lansbury the stand out player for me was Hepburn Murphy as his pace was electric n he looks a proper decent player n should have a big future..

Now this is where my glass is half empty Dazzy, he does indeed have blistering pace but dithered after a sublime touch to play himself in. Then a promising move involving him broke down when he inexplicably stopped running about 5 yards outside the box - another that needs lots of games in a competitive league to break through like O'Hare looks to have done?

Good day for all concerned. We looked comfortable on the ball, and a constant threat, despite no real CF.

Andre Green? Much better. Looking for the ball and using it well. He wasn’t shoved off the ball and showed some pace. Yes he’s been sh1te for basically a year, but today was promising.

Mings, was the Mings we grew to love.
    Jack looking good.
    SJM, feckin BIONIC.
    The new lads settling in well, hope Wes isn’t injured.

Keeper and Striker would be nice.

El Ghazi impressed me a lot

Sam, I was googling for some FL tips earlier today (I really have to beat you this season) and saw this written about us:

"From an FPL perspective, there is a slight danger that Aston Villa now have too many players who are capable of chipping in with goals from across midfield and attack."

Let's hope they make it tough for us.

Good parformance, lots of attacking ideas fullbacks getting high up the field, jack strolling around. Andre did well, if the big man was in today that would have been 6. Ps you have got to see another world class goal by SJM....oh yes!!!!

My only concern is Trezeguet playing on the right. Does that mean he's competing for the right wing spot with Jota? I was hoping both would be in our 1st 11.

4 wingers and 4 does not go into 2.
    Jota.Elghazi, Trez & Green. By guess is thst he will start with Elbgazi & Trez, jota and Green as impact subs? Infact I think his starting line up will be: exuse the spelling...
    Steer
    Guilbert
    Mings
    Elgens
    Targett

Luiz

Alghazi
    Grealish
    SJM
    Trez

Wez

Looks like he's going 433. Would be harsh dropping Jota, him and Wesley have been our best players pre season. Really happy with both so far. I didn't expect Jota to be so good though.
    I think a keeper will come this week. I think clubs will take the p knowing we have the 2nd richest owners in the league. We have gone from nearly going into administration to being one of the richest clubs in world football almost overnight. Incredible.

Steer
    Gulibert Elgens Mings Targett
    Grealish Luiz Mcginn
    Jota Wez Trez

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    Sam, I was googling for some FL tips earlier today (I really have to beat you this season) and saw this written about us:

"From an FPL perspective, there is a slight danger that Aston Villa now have too many players who are capable of chipping in with goals from across midfield and attack."

Let's hope they make it tough for us.
    Could be some bargains but I need to wait and see who the regular 11 is. We're looking good going forward.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)