+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friendlies Live

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    Sam, I was googling for some FL tips earlier today (I really have to beat you this season) and saw this written about us:

"From an FPL perspective, there is a slight danger that Aston Villa now have too many players who are capable of chipping in with goals from across midfield and attack."

Let's hope they make it tough for us.
    Yeah it would be a disaster if we couldn't possibly choose between Mcgin, El Ghazi, Grealish, Green, Trezerget, Guilbert and Wesley because they all get 8 to 15 goals this season!

There will be someone who has Kane for GW1 and captains him!! (might be me)

Oh dear, the papers are all saying the same thing again. SJM to Man Utd and now Sir ferguson is involved, this could test us now If utd come in with a big offer, are the club buying all these players first so that a deal can go through? Dont say it cannot happen, app we are back in for Philipps?? Hope its not true but they stole Dwight Yorke of us when we said no all those years ago!
    He scored twice yesterday and he didnt smile or celebrate too much, if we find that their scouts are in Germany next weekend, he will be gone. How could we turn down 50 million...

Well Friday will be our biggest test yet that’s for sure..

Dave I think SJM will be here at least until January, his energy and proven ability in English football are essential for us to win back possession in the middle so until the newbies acclimatise he's a big part of the plan I'd say. All of that said - as a professional if a club the size of Utd come knocking, the opportunity may not be there again in a player's career.

i've noticed a cooling in the bon-homie between mcginn and grealish... i think somethings afoot

Maybe thats because SJM is getting more praise than Jack and why the club seam to want 10 midfielders to choose from If he goes?
    1.Marvelous
    2.Phillips- leeds
    3.Phillips- WBA

Havnt we got enough? How about a striker?

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Oh dear, the papers are all saying the same thing again. SJM to Man Utd and now Sir ferguson is involved, this could test us now If utd come in with a big offer, are the club buying all these players first so that a deal can go through? Dont say it cannot happen, app we are back in for Philipps?? Hope its not true but they stole Dwight Yorke of us when we said no all those years ago!
    He scored twice yesterday and he didnt smile or celebrate too much, if we find that their scouts are in Germany next weekend, he will be gone. How could we turn down 50 million...
    Dave don't remember really seeing too much smiling/ Peacocking from SJM. The other point being do we need to sell? It would send the wrong message to the side. He loves the Villa. Besides I consulted my cactus stumpy who pricked nogo on my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan View Post
    Dave don't remember really seeing too much smiling/ Peacocking from SJM. The other point being do we need to sell? It would send the wrong message to the side. He loves the Villa. Besides I consulted my cactus stumpy who pricked nogo on my hand.
    He likes to celebrate by sliding on his front and headbutting the grass (if the playoff final is anything to go by)

Yes i noticed he likes to kiss the dirt, dont actually think he meant it but im sure he never felt it after scoring at Wembley, for a few days anyway!!!!

OK. Oz tell him jokes, Sam sing him a song, I'll make him gooey cakes, and BB can lend him his claret and blue coloured spectacles. That should make him want to stay.

Oz you are right, I don't think we need to sell and agree it will send out exactly the wrong message … Unlike your cactus stumpy. You seed to send SJM a pic.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)