+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Friendlies Live

Friendlies Live

Link to Shrewsbury game on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXSsyRWZTOU

Pretty decent being able to watch em on villa channel eh..

Missed first half but saw second n Murphy n o hare impressed me as did Lansbury n Wesley made some good runs n feel with jack n Mcginn feeding him he’ll get more chances.

Landsbury looked good also Bree, have we wrote them off too soon,certainly will be compotition for places will be intense!!

Thanks MNE! I didn't get a chance to watch live, but will look forward to watching this later this evening.

In both games and as well as all last season, we are bloody useless at playing from the back.
    Out to the full-backs? Straight back to Steer, panic stations! Both Bree and Taylor main culprits yesterday and in the U.S.
    Rolled or passed to CBs? Nightmare!

Either way, the ball just gets shipped around like a hot potato. You don’t play out from the back when the opposition is holding a high line. Yesterday Shrewsbury’s front line was almost on the edge of our box, and yet Steer goofed it out from the back, like a missile or short and wayward. Still, let’s hope they learn before it really matters.

Thought Green was appalling, as was Taylor, neither knows what to do with the ball and only look to scramble it to an area where there might be a teammate.
    Steer needs to work on his distribution, need a better No1.
    Good signs from Lansbury, Wesley, Jota, Konsa and Gilbert.
    The rest were just ring-rusty, and maybe a touch too casual; Mings and Jack.
    We need to find another set-piece taker, CH is too hit or miss to take every set-piece.

Great to see them back on the pitch tho, the excitement is building.

VERY hard to judge at this stage, the team split between two different elevens, not yet game sharp, we looked good for periods in the first half but ran out of steam with ten minutes left to half-time, which i presume stems from lack of match fitness. There are positives in that we seem to have one very good player for each position except maybe goalkeeper, and two adequate players for each position apart from the no.10. I think when we actually condense the team to one 11 rather than two we shall get a clearer picture of where we are at.
    utv

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    In both games and as well as all last season, we are bloody useless at playing from the back.
    Out to the full-backs? Straight back to Steer, panic stations! Both Bree and Taylor main culprits yesterday and in the U.S.
    Rolled or passed to CBs? Nightmare!

Either way, the ball just gets shipped around like a hot potato. You don’t play out from the back when the opposition is holding a high line. Yesterday Shrewsbury’s front line was almost on the edge of our box, and yet Steer goofed it out from the back, like a missile or short and wayward. Still, let’s hope they learn before it really matters.

Thought Green was appalling, as was Taylor, neither knows what to do with the ball and only look to scramble it to an area where there might be a teammate.
    Steer needs to work on his distribution, need a better No1.
    Good signs from Lansbury, Wesley, Jota, Konsa and Gilbert.
    The rest were just ring-rusty, and maybe a touch too casual; Mings and Jack.
    We need to find another set-piece taker, CH is too hit or miss to take every set-piece.

Great to see them back on the pitch tho, the excitement is building.
    Only saw the 2nd half Exiled but you could look at this the other way, despite the excellent pressing from Shrewsbury's forwards I didn't see us losing possession and Chester moved well to allow Steer to distribute but I do agree he needs to improve on that. Bree could do with a season in the Championship in a side challenging for the top 6, he has potential. Green for me is a squad player at best, he has popped up with the odd goal but for the most part doesn't look confident on the ball.

On a brighter note - O'Hare looks a great prospect and although I didn't see Jota's half the comments are all good on him

If you get a chance mate, check out the first and last 10 mins of the first half.

As usual, your views on matters are a little more rational and forgiving than my tendency to ‘shoot from the lip’.

Re Green, well I think it’s nigh on 40 apps with 2 goals and 1 assist, most of which were in the Championship. Not great for a forward.
    I really like Bree but he seems to be like a rabbit in the headlights. Doesn’t help that he has not been afforded the same chances as other full-backs. I would imagine that he’ll struggle to oust Gilbert. He won’t get a look in at CB, now that we have shed loads of em.

Jota just looks very good and easy on the ball, nowt special as of yet, but you can tell that he has it in his locker.

Overall I’m looking forward to the new season, 13th - 16th would be great.

Walsall first half n jota looks decent although does give ball away cheaply but we’ll forgive that with 2 goals n Wesley could be a gem n has really impressed me tbh. Jack was ok n didn’t really put foot wrong but can do better n hopefully will against Spurs

Getting proper excited now

Tonight’s friendly Walsall v Villa half time

Walsall 1 Villa 4 Jota and Wesley 2 each.

https://youtu.be/Uc4gSjC7SsQ

Agree Dazzy both Jota and Wesley looking good. 👍

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)