+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shutting the stable after the horse has bolted

Shutting the stable after the horse has bolted

Please let's not wait until we are 3-0 down during our first game to substitute Richard Wood!

We know he will be done for pace, play someone on-side and get turned inside out by a nippy forward.

Don't pick him in the first place. EVER!

I think he will only play in cup matches and when we have injuries this season that's it. He's already behind Robertson and Ihiekwe in pecking order and we'll bring at least 1 more centre back in before start of season.

Different division to last year.
    People seem to forget he was instrumental in getting up promoted through two tricky playoff rivals.

Put Scunny on the back foot and they never recovered.
    Shrews couldn't handle him at all.
    He won't let us down when he's called upon. Div one legend.

He is what he is, Woody not Buzz Lightyear

He’s also the heroic player who scored the two goals that got us back on the Championship.

Some on here have very short memories.

I get he’s getting on and couldn’t possibly keep up the pace for an entire game but, there will be games where a big lad like Wood will be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    He’s also the heroic player who scored the two goals that got us back on the Championship.

I get he’s getting on and couldn’t possibly keep up the pace for an entire game but, there will be games where a big lad like Wood will be ideal.
    What he said.

I wish every other Millers player had as big a heart and took as much pride in the shirt as he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Back in 17/18 Season in League 1 Richard Wood score the winning goal at Rochdale also the winning goal at Shrewsbury.
    From memory Alan Stubbs axed him and discarded him after our 3-0 defeat at Villa Park. He didn’t get back into the side till Jackett took over. His first match with Jackett in charge was against Reading where he was nominated Sponsors MotM.
    He is what he is and will more than likely be used sparingly, as and when required.
    Last season for Richard as a player for us methinks and he will become a decent coach in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Back in 17/18 Season in League 1 Richard Wood score the winning goal at Rochdale also the winning goal at Shrewsbury.
    From memory Alan Stubbs axed him and discarded him after our 3-0 defeat at Villa Park. He didn’t get back into the side till Jackett took over. His first match was against Reading where he was nominated Sponsors MotM.
    He is what he is and will more than likely be used sparingly, as and when required.
    Last season for Richard as a player for us methinks and he will become a decent coach in my opinion.
    Agreed he will be a good coach and useful backroom staff but he is not good enough to play this year. We have better at the club.

I trust our management team enough to know when and how to play any of our players

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast