+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Utd 3-2 Slask (3-3 on agg lost on away goals)

Utd 3-2 Slask (3-3 on agg lost on away goals)

8 years ago
    https://youtu.be/Bp7i0kzBGbI

Memories of that night apart from the obvious their fans being dicks in the city

Beat them on the night but we should have beat them over the tie, missed a couple sitters over there, and were by far the better team at Tannadice, the worldy snuck it for them, however what an atmosphere, they were noisy we were well up for it and the scenes in the east lower scoring twice in the first five minutes was fkn carnage

They went on to be polish champs that year, we evolved with goodie leaving after this, Daly scored the weekend after at Tynecastle to win our opening league match, Russel stepped up and GMS coming in and being at his best, the best he ever was, ended up another very good and enjoyable season

I remember years ago the Shed turning over Slask Wrocllaw 7-0 at Tanny. We drew 0-0 in Wroclaw.

Bring back these days.

7-2

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    8 years ago
    https://youtu.be/Bp7i0kzBGbI

Memories of that night apart from the obvious their fans being dicks in the city

Beat them on the night but we should have beat them over the tie, missed a couple sitters over there, and were by far the better team at Tannadice, the worldy snuck it for them, however what an atmosphere, they were noisy we were well up for it and the scenes in the east lower scoring twice in the first five minutes was fkn carnage

They went on to be polish champs that year, we evolved with goodie leaving after this, Daly scored the weekend after at Tynecastle to win our opening league match, Russel stepped up and GMS coming in and being at his best, the best he ever was, ended up another very good and enjoyable season
    Was this the jobbie throwing game ,

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    Was this the jobbie throwing game ,
    No, that was against the Russian side, Dinamo Moscow I think.

This was the night it began to be glaringly obvious Dusan Pernis needed a better pair of contact lenses I think?
    7 or 8 "worldies" or a short sighted static goalkeeper?

Having said that would have had him the last 3 or 4 seasons...with some of the total duffers we have had!

That was over stated, two very good strikes, ok he should have probably saved them but other than that Pernis was class, Scottish Cup winning keeper too.

Quote Originally Posted by FTFun View Post
    7-2

Thanks for the correction. My dotage aint that far off!

A classic match. But I was annoyed with Houston that night because when we had the tie in our hands he allowed us to sit in and invite them on to us instead of pushing forward. It would have worked except for that strike. But iirc that would have seen us qualify for the group stages.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)