+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leeds fans moaning about missing out on Ajayi....

Leeds fans moaning about missing out on Ajayi....

Leeds fans crowing about missing Ajayi. They had as much chance as any Championship club to buy Semi but they didn't bother and with selling their own C/B for 5 million they feel they missed out on a bargain.

Another decent player missed
    See WBA have signed Semi Ajayi from Rotherham, powerful, athletic CM / DM, who for big lad is very assured & confident with the ball. Would have offered the team something different at both ends, & even if not being a starter, having him available for last 20 mins, either trying to hold onto slender lead, or pushing for equaliser, could have been useful.
    WBA, Cardiff, Stoke, Fulham, all adding decent Champ experience !
    Dont worry we have Beradi

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
    Hall Of Fame
    Cheap as chips as well as a decent player with a very good attitude by all accounts..a bargain for WBA.

Time is running out for us to get a quality CB in now..gut feeling tells me we ain't gonna even bother!
    Oh well...the Premiership is over-rated anyway.

International
    Semi Ajayi can be excellent but makes big mistakes at important times. Energy great, attitude great but put him alongside Coops and it would be mayhem, especially given Casilla flaps under stress. As a midfielder his passing lets him down at present.
    Great move for Semi and Rotherham will get another £1 million I’m led to believe with add ons. He played for his country Nigeria so his progress is good. Just not stable or polished enough yet for us to gamble in the first team.

Hall Of Fame
    Imagine if we had kept saiz and then got semi.

If you don’t buy a raffle ticket you won’t win the prize

Leeds are expected to do well this season, but in my opinion they’re a bit of a busted flush

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Leeds are expected to do well this season, but in my opinion they’re a bit of a busted flush
    And Forest are just a flustered bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Leeds fan I know has not been happy with their transfer dealings generally in the current window

I said a few days ago that there will be other cship clubs kicking themselves that they could have got Semi so cheaply.
    A Give away bargain

Which begs the question why didn't we hold out a bit longer?

Because it's the Leeds Board that determines their recruitment policy and targets as opposed to random message board users?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I said a few days ago that there will be other cship clubs kicking themselves that they could have got Semi so cheaply.
    A Give away bargain
    A few fans wishing they had bought Semi doesn't equate to clubs kicking themselves. I would be amazed if any championship clubs didn't know exactly what the asking price was

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Because it's the Leeds Board that determines their recruitment policy and targets as opposed to random message board users?
    What's the point of message boards then?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    What's the point of message boards then?
    Flippin eck - don't open that can of worms

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast