+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Were stronger than last year

Were stronger than last year

Oh oh

If ever there was an alarm bell ringing statement

I hope it's smoke and mirrors , but I can't see it tbh.

Were definetly still light in Midfield for attacking options IMO. It seems like an on going issue for us. We need a bit more pace and creativity.

Why would this statement ring alarm bells?

Exactly Garlick.

We are certainly stronger than this time last year.

And Sean has not ruled out more incomings.

He was simply stating a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Exactly Garlick.

We are certainly stronger than this time last year.

And Sean has not ruled out more incomings.

He was simply stating a fact.
    Dream on boys you know exactly why I put it , because we’re being fed the same old drivel time and again.

Next line reads we are always trying to strengthen our squad but we are looking for a player who fits our financial parameters and slots into our system and shape etc.

I’ve heard it many times now, we are a selling club not a buying one !

Posted previously we have just managed to spend Vokes transfer fee so far jay 5 million up front and five later on games played etc and 1.5 million for Peters.

Maybe an odd panic buy back end but that will be it I think - might be wrong but I can see a tough year coming.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlickBread View Post
    Why would this statement ring alarm bells?
    Dear me Garlick, you do give the impression of being a tad naïve at times, can you really not see the implication behind that statement, that we are stronger, hence no need for more signings ? Of course you can really, but you just enjoy playing devil's advocate don't you ? And why not, someone has to keep us on our toes, every forum needs a 'policeman'.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Dear me Garlick, you do give the impression of being a tad naïve at times, can you really not see the implication behind that statement, that we are stronger, hence no need for more signings ? Of course you can really, but you just enjoy playing devil's advocate don't you ? And why not, someone has to keep us on our toes, every forum needs a 'policeman'.
    I suppose it sends if you're a glass half full or half empty type. Personally I don't see any such implications, particularly when the very next words out of SD's mouth say "We still think we can strengthen".

I have one particular mate who is a very decent chap despite being a football agent. He used to play for Burnley and doesn't often talk shop with me, but he has just told me we have put in a "strong" bid for a midfield player today. He's interested in our bid because his player is involved down the line. We have discussed this player on here and if it happens I think we will have had a great window.
    What was worrying is that the same agent claims one of our best players is very imminently going to be the subject of a massive bid.
    We will soon find out if we are a buying or selling club methinks.
    On reflection incidentally, I still think selling Vokes was a masterpiece!

"We Think we have a stronger squad and that is important," said Dyche. "We still Think we can strengthen if the right players come along but we Think we are slightly stronger than what we were."

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...dyche-16620325

So just as S.D....can Think what you like - it's just an Idea, not a certainty, ye Know.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlickBread View Post
    I suppose it sends if you're a glass half full or half empty type. Personally I don't see any such implications, particularly when the very next words out of SD's mouth say "We still think we can strengthen".
    Ah, that would be the same SD who said we would be pro-active this summer I presume ? I wouldn't necessarily believe everything that comes out of SD's mouth. Don't know about glass half full or empty, more about whether you're naive or cynical imo. Where PL football is concerned, I tend towards cynicism myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)