+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wednesday it is then!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    That's an interesting video.

If they set up a dedicated number of people to look for players for us it could be very interesting, though Ardley should have the last say on which players are signed.
    The only business model I can ever see working for Notts County is to spot and sign hitherto undetected talent for little or no cost on modest wages, and then sell them on at considerable profit, with further sell-on clauses attached, in the way Barry Fry does at Peterborough. I think this was what Alan Hardy actually had in mind when he told Nolan to dispense with the golden oldies and bring in more young players who could be sold on, but whoever was picking the players didn't have a clue. Noor Husin for Christ's sake!

You would think that the expertise available at Football Radar would give us the maximum chance of spotting that talent anywhere in the world, and would also give us superior data with which to monitor and develop the players we've got, including more coming through from the youth team, again on relatively small wages.

As far as I'm aware, the Danes won't be arriving with huge amounts of money to throw at us, so maybe this is the model they have in mind, and they are buying Notts County as a laboratory for this experiment. If that's the case, then good luck to them, because it sounds like a more sustainable way of existing than we've seen in recent years. The big task will be to get the fans to buy into the patience and time required to make this approach work. Such a culture takes time to embed, and the early days might be the most difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    If this video about Football Radar is anything to go by, then Neal Ardley should soon have the best scouting network in the world at his disposal. Probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20tYwN-nECI
    They look a bit too smug to me. I'm not saying they aren't genuine buyers but their hoards of computers and young, clean, smiling workforce look like they know all their stuff in theory, but now though, they want to try playing at the real thing, i.e. owning a real football club. And in that they are as inexperienced as Alan Hardy was. Fingers crossed though.

The only business model I can ever see working for Notts County is to spot and sign hitherto undetected talent for little or no cost on modest wages, and then sell them on at considerable profit, with further sell-on clauses attached, in the way Barry Fry does at Peterborough. I think this was what Alan Hardy actually had in mind when he told Nolan to dispense with the golden oldies and bring in more young players who could be sold on, but whoever was picking the players didn't have a clue. Noor Husin for Christ's sake!

You would think that the expertise available at Football Radar would give us the maximum chance of spotting that talent anywhere in the world, and would also give us superior data with which to monitor and develop the players we've got, including more coming through from the youth team, again on relatively small wages.

As far as I'm aware, the Danes won't be arriving with huge amounts of money to throw at us, so maybe this is the model they have in mind, and they are buying Notts County as a laboratory for this experiment. If that's the case, then good luck to them, because it sounds like a more sustainable way of existing than we've seen in recent years. The big task will be to get the fans to buy into the patience and time required to make this approach work. Such a culture takes time to embed, and the early days might be the most difficult.
    The fans of the other Pies in the premiership don't seem to like the model of signing/selling on players at a profit.

They seem to be extremely vocal about getting rid of their owner, due to the lack of investment, although it must be said they are possibly the only Prem team that really stick to the financial rules.

Is this what we (might) have to look forward too ?

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    AH broken his silence with the Post to say the deal should be done on Wednesday
    So he's come out his hiding to give us more bull as he misses his bit of egotistical publicity in the red rag.
    I do it's true as Hardy has no more excuses

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    They look a bit too smug to me. I'm not saying they aren't genuine buyers but their hoards of computers and young, clean, smiling workforce look like they know all their stuff in theory, but now though, they want to try playing at the real thing, i.e. owning a real football club. And in that they are as inexperienced as Alan Hardy was. Fingers crossed though.
    They would not have a profitable business if they didn't know what they are doing, 2 offices in this country and 1 in Bulgaria and as Jackal says they could turn out to be very good owners.

At least it is good news that they only want the club and not interested in property development.

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    No "next few days" or "7-10 days" this time. Given a firm day to have himself strung up by, if it doesn't happen.
    String him up anyway. Use the same piece he's strung us all along with for weeks on end. Still couldn't trust him as far as I'd like to chuck him.

They would not have a profitable business if they didn't know what they are doing, 2 offices in this country and 1 in Bulgaria and as Jackal says they could turn out to be very good owners.

At least it is good news that they only want the club and not interested in property development.
    I'll believe it when I see the Danes introduce themselves as the new owners in a press connie. Until then, I refuse to believe one more word of Hardy's bullchit. '

Well we couldn't get it done for Weds but it will be done for Fri and the staff/players will be paid'.

'Well we hit a few snags but it will deffo be done before the court appearance and the players/staff and tax bill will be settled before that date.

'Well we couldn't quite get it done but the court will grant us more time'.

'Well the Danes have 4ked off on the account of my greed and stupidity but we will enter admin and we'll be ok'.

'Well the court decided to liquefy us, not my fault , did all I could. I have spent 10 mill you know'.

'Well if you're setting up A.F.C Notts County, I could come in as owner/manager/CEO cos I've got a few mill to throw in'.

#HardyOut

Quote Originally Posted by bobbilly View Post
    The fans of the other Pies in the premiership don't seem to like the model of signing/selling on players at a profit.

They seem to be extremely vocal about getting rid of their owner, due to the lack of investment, although it must be said they are possibly the only Prem team that really stick to the financial rules.

Is this what we (might) have to look forward too ?
    Mike Ashley - for all his many faults - is a businessman who runs Newcastle United as a business. The club has ups and downs on the pitch and doesn't live up to the fans' ambitions, but financially they are better run than some clubs (which isn't saying much, I know).

The problem is that the mentality of most football fans is akin to an extremely needy child, demanding ongoing success, wanting lots of big new signings and not really being interested in the financial realities. They follow football to dream and get away from the financial challenges and slog of real life, and they often don't want to hear words like "sustainability". Therefore, it's entirely possible that any owner trying to implement a sustainable business model will quickly become a target of criticism, especially if they are stupid enough to go looking for adulation on social media!

But perhaps there is hope? Notts County fans have now been through the ringer of near extinction three times in the past two decades, each time because the club was badly (or maliciously) run and spent more than it earned. Surely, if the penny was finally going to drop with any group of supporters, it could be with us. Notts County can only survive and be successful again if it is built up slowly and sustainably, laying down strong foundations and taking baby steps forward, with some setbacks along the way. Spending big delivers at best only short-term success, and sometimes still results in failure, as last season, so we cannot afford to build a house/club on sand anymore.

I sincerely hope the new owners will come in with a sensible, sustainable business model based on creating a club that proudly develops and bloods its own players and develops young players expertly sourced from elsewhere, and that we start to regard that in itself as our success and our identity, as much as our position in a league table at any given time. I hope we can finally be the type of club that Haydn Green envisaged when he saved us ten years ago. We owe it to him as much as anyone to learn our lessons, look at the clever path trodden by clubs like Accrington Stanley and Burton Albion, and go about things the right way.
    Last edited by jackal2; 22-07-2019 at 02:30 PM.

If it is true then give them a chance instead analysing them before they even set foot in the door

If this video about Football Radar is anything to go by, then Neal Ardley should soon have the best scouting network in the world at his disposal. Probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20tYwN-nECI
    Yeah, interesting. None of the approaches we have tried so far have worked. Recruitment has been our downfall for almost two decades now. So I'll embrace a new data-driven approach like this, why not.

Actually, assuming the takeover goes ahead, I'm genuinely interested to see how/if the new owners incorporate what they do at Football Radar into the running of our club.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast