+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Leader Announced

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    The youngsters love him BT - They sing "Oooh Jeremy Corbyn" (to the tune of 7 Nation army - White Stripes) en masse at Festivals and they dont like it if you oppose them. It upsets them.

I recently went to a festival and saw a band there on the Sunday night called Enter Shikari who are very pro left and quite radical in their views. Ilike the music though. I was quite pissed and singing along and getting along famously with the younger chaps near me in the audience with their splendid beards.
    The lead singer was doing a bit of spiel between songs and as the Tory leadership battle was in full swing at that time he came out with something like "Yeah so what do we think about Boris - Yeah that's right F*** Boris Johnson"

To which I shouted loudly "Yeah f*** Jeremy Corbyn too, the useless bearded old t***!"

There was an audible gasp from my new beardy chums and I suddenly gained a little bit more space around me in a packed arena. I think Mrs C appreciated that.
    I like it Casper, funniest post of the year so far, it's got my morning off to a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    After months of campaigning the new leader was tonight revealed.

Jo Swinson becomes the first female leader of the liberal democrats.

And what an excellent choice - a real force of nature.

Although I doubt if she will get many warm words on here with the majority being popularist, divisive types
    Here are some further warm words. Swinson has taken on a difficult job and Momentum will be straight on her case but she cannot be worse than the other party leaders Farage, Johnson or Hunt, Corbyn, Sturgeon etc. I will not be voting Liberal Democrat however as I voted Leave in the Referendum and have not changed my mind.

You have hit the nail on the head there Outwood - probably no worse than the other spanners but it is still saying "which piece of ****e smells less offensive - OK that one has smells the least like ****e - I'll vote for that one!"

A "non of the above" vote is a message that we wont settle for absolute bilge to represent us. Time for politics to clean up its act, change, co work and represent our needs instead of justifying their existence by belittling everyone else. Not interested in the petty squabbling and point scoring anymore.

How dare any politician from any party stand there and say 'We will Stop Brexit' ? Me and over half of voters in the 2016 referendum voted for it..... I spent over 35 years in the Armed Forces with Mrs CM completing over 32 years which was our contribution to living in a democracy...

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    How dare any politician from any party stand there and say 'We will Stop Brexit' ? Me and over half of voters in the 2016 referendum voted for it..... I spent over 35 years in the Armed Forces with Mrs CM completing over 32 years which was our contribution to living in a democracy...
    Exactly right Matelot, a lot of people forget about the people who gave years of service and in many cases their lives
    For us to be free in this country.

That I s forgotten too much nowadays.

Two of the people i have the greatest respect for are the late, great Paddy Ashdown (ex SAS etc) and Sean Dyche.

Both are/were remainers.

That's nice.

I have a lot of respect for you and you are a remainer!

Two of the people i have the greatest respect for are the late, great Paddy Ashdown (ex SAS etc) and Sean Dyche.

Both are/were remainers.
    I thought Jeremy Thorpe would be your number one hero Councillor..?

Both are/were remainers.
    What's with all this respect ****e 59, I can think of 17.4 MILLION people you and your LibDem chums have no respect for, utter contempt actually. Shame on you, respect my arse.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)