+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Leader Announced

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    i have the greatest respect for are the late, great Paddy Ashdown (ex SAS etc)

Both are/were remainers
    he remained alright !

PA .....Sorry darling.....am working late Again !

Murderous queens, adulterous leaders and lest not forget the one who soaked his own liver in that much whiskey he passed on to Heaven's Open Bar. Now we have a new one who does not believe in the democratic will of the people. Phuck me rigid!

To be fair Bt up until a-month ago you leader was leading the blind.

I mean we didn’t really know which way Jeremy was leaning with Brexit, and now he’s also decided to edge his bets against the majority vote to leave the Eu.

Democracy democracy rolls off the tongue wonderfully and we don’t have a single party that backs the will of the people—- in my eyes that is the saddest thing in politics today. Scandalous!

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    To be fair Bt up until a-month ago you leader was leading the blind.

I mean we didn’t really know which way Jeremy was leaning with Brexit, and now he’s also decided to edge his bets against the majority vote to leave the Eu.

Democracy democracy rolls off the tongue wonderfully and we don’t have a single party that backs the will of the people—- in my eyes that is the saddest thing in politics today. Scandalous!
    We are talking about the Lib Dems on this thread army.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We are talking about the Lib Dems on this thread army.
    I think it is fair to point out BT that the Lib Dems never pledged to honour the referendum decision but Labour did and now they have decided they are not. There is a word for that.
    Last edited by outwoodclaret; 24-07-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I think it is fair to point out BT that the Lib Dems never pledged to honour the referendum decision but Labour did and now they have decided they are not. There is a word for that.
    Outwood there are other threads running to trash the Labour Party, this one is running solely to trash the Lib Dems!

The LibDems, including our very own 59/60 have advocated a 2nd referendum in order to break the logjam in Parliament, let's have more democracy they said, including 59/60, give the decision back to the people, let them decide in a people's Vote, that's the only way to resolve the issue, they said.

Now Swinson, and also the Green's Caroline Lucas, have both said they would not honour the result of the People's vote if the result was Leave again, exposing themselves and their parties for the lying, disingenuous turds they actually are. These are the people who whined about the figures on the Boris bus, they claim he's dishonest, they claim Leave won on the back of a pack of lies, and demand a 2nd referendum while openly admitting they would not honour the result for a 2nd time if it did not go their way.

And this is your party 59, I ask you for the 2nd time on this thread, have you no shame ?

You would not need to be a Rocket Scientist to know how I welcome the arrival of the Blonde Mong but at least he will honour democracy. The price of my weekend breakfasts might come down too...

Attachment 13321

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The LibDems, including our very own 59/60 have advocated a 2nd referendum in order to break the logjam in Parliament, let's have more democracy they said, including 59/60, give the decision back to the people, let them decide in a people's Vote, that's the only way to resolve the issue, they said.

Now Swinson, and also the Green's Caroline Lucas, have both said they would not honour the result of the People's vote if the result was Leave again, exposing themselves and their parties for the lying, disingenuous turds they actually are. These are the people who whined about the figures on the Boris bus, they claim he's dishonest, they claim Leave won on the back of a pack of lies, and demand a 2nd referendum while openly admitting they would not honour the result for a 2nd time if it did not go their way.

And this is your party 59, I ask you for the 2nd time on this thread, have you no shame ?
    Just setting off for Bowfell and Esk Pike Sinkov.

We are unashamed to say that we are a pro European party and, as things stand, that will not change.

If there was a referendum on bringing back hanging we would oppose it. If the hangers won then we would still believe that hanging was wrong and it would be in our manifesto in future to campaign against it.

If you disagree with us then this is a democracy. So the answer is simple - vote for someone else and let's see the result in an election. What's the problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Just setting off for Bowfell and Esk Pike Sinkov.

We are unashamed to say that we are a pro European party and, as things stand, that will not change.

If there was a referendum on bringing back hanging we would oppose it. If the hangers won then we would still believe that hanging was wrong and it would be in our manifesto in future to campaign against it.

If you disagree with us then this is a democracy. So the answer is simple - vote for someone else and let's see the result in an election. What's the problem with that?
    I'm just having a really strong black coffee whilst giving my head a really good wobble. I thought the whole point of having a vote through a system of one person, one vote by the whole population was to decide the way forward for the electorate?
    The Lib Dems obviously have not bought into this concept just yet. I voted to LEAVE along with 17.4 million others and find it hard to understand which bit of that the Lib Dems can't quite grasp?
    There used to be a spoilt kid on the Baxenden recreation pitch who reminds me a lot of Jo Swinson. He was usually on the losing side so he just took the ball home and spoiled it for the rest of us.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)