+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Leader Announced

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Just setting off for Bowfell and Esk Pike Sinkov.

We are unashamed to say that we are a pro European party and, as things stand, that will not change.

If there was a referendum on bringing back hanging we would oppose it. If the hangers won then we would still believe that hanging was wrong and it would be in our manifesto in future to campaign against it.

If you disagree with us then this is a democracy. So the answer is simple - vote for someone else and let's see the result in an election. What's the problem with that?
    Have a good day 59, but be bloody careful, sounds like it could be horrendously hot today. I love that area around Bowfell but most of my memories are of ice, snow and freezing cold winds.

I see you are not defending Swinson's position on a 2nd referendum, and no wonder, it's indefensible, we want another referendum but will only respect the result if we win. This woman, and anyone else who holds democracy in such utter contempt, should not be allowed anywhere near our parliament, what sort of a party are you in mon ami, and why on earth are you still in it ?

The strange phenomenon of Jo Swinson and the virtuous, self-righteous LibDems explained.

"Progressive Leftoidism of the kind Ms Swinson seems so enamoured by is radically different. It takes the view that the struggle is not an inner one, but occurs instead between inherently purely good people, and inherently wicked people. Or as Freud would put it, the narcissistically self-righteous amongst us attempt to project their violent, cruel and sadistic tendencies on to others, reserving for themselves an entirely spurious self-image of impeccable virtuousness.

This is exceedingly dangerous, even if it delivers massive dopamine hits for its narcissistic adherents. Projection is a fantasy; it doesn’t work. The rejected violence, cruelty and sadism continues to exert its influence inside the mind of the person seeking to evacuate it. It doesn’t go away; it just festers and seethes beneath the surface, and must be kept at bay by ever more drastic enactments of self-righteousness (if you’re ostentatiously self-righteous, the one thing you’re not is truly righteous, because the truly righteous are painfully aware of their own flaws).

If your political policies are above reproach because they are morally immaculate and flawlessly benevolent, then anyone who raises doubts about them, anyone who says ‘You’re basing your policy purely on the best case outcome scenario that exists only in our imagination and you’ve wholly ignored the worst case possibilities if and when it goes wrong’ will immediately be designated as evil.
    And because the Utopia will never arrive, and will recede further with every step taken toward it because it is impossible, Utopian ‘liberals’ can endlessly pursue their righteous delusions, blaming repeated failure and ever-rising immiseration (caused by, say, Swinson favourites like forced equality of outcome between fundamentally and irremediably unequal people, forced ethnic hyperdiversity, etc) on saboteurs and reactionaries and homophobes and ***ists and racists. And because they are acting for the impossible-to-attain earthly Paradise, they can easily convince themselves that they ultimately have a duty to eliminate the evildoers who stand in their saintly way.
    Hegel put it more succinctly than me: ‘Evil resides in the very gaze which perceives evil all around itself.’

I’d prefer Ms Swinson to run a cat sanctuary rather than lead a political party, personally."

The man is clearly not a cat lover.

She reminds me a lot of a Liverpudlian - always the victim. How can you be "nearly" raped?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...d-to-rape-her/

Morning Sinkov.
    I think you realise that the piece is a load of twaddle Sinkov?
    Peter Evans (writing in the Conservative Woman ) seems to be singling out the Lib Dems as being "self righteous" when in reality we are simply stating our views on a range of subjects.
    Boris and Jeremy do exactly the same. If they are challenged in their views then they react by doubling down on their beliefs.
    That is what all politicians do - and always have. So if you want to use the phrase "self righteous" towards the Lib Dems then crack on - but be prepared for other people to use the term on YOU if you say something that others fundamentally disagree with.

Peter Evans is obviously not yet fully signed up to Lib Dem ideas to make the world a better place.
    With Priti Patel now our Home Secretary there could quite possibly be a referendum to bring back hanging. I will oppose this and should the result be in favour of bringing back hanging then don't expect me or the Lib Dems to stop opposing it. At the end of the day the people will decide but democracy is an ongoing process and doesn't come to a shuddering halt at a fixed point in time.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...or-second-time
    Last edited by 1959_60; 27-07-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    She reminds me a lot of a Liverpudlian - always the victim. How can you be "nearly" raped?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...d-to-rape-her/
    BT, you are showing you prejudices yet again. I bet you were jumping up and down in rage when Boris said a similar thing about Scousers a few years ago.

And if you REALLY don't understand how a woman can be "nearly raped" then it's a good job you don't work in our judicial system.

You can be charged with attempted rape, attempted murder, attempted theft etc.

I can tell that Jo and the Lib Dems are getting under your skin though

Morning Sinkov.
    I think you realise that the piece is a load of twaddle Sinkov?
    Peter Evans (writing in the Conservative Woman ) seems to be singling out the Lib Dems as being "self righteous" when in reality we are simply stating our views on a range of subjects.
    Boris and Jeremy do exactly the same. If they are challenged in their views then they react by doubling down on their beliefs.
    That is what all politicians do - and always have. So if you want to use the phrase "self righteous" towards the Lib Dems then crack on - but be prepared for other people to use the term on YOU if you say something that others fundamentally disagree with.

Peter Evans is obviously not yet fully signed up to Lib Dem ideas to make the world a better place.
    With Priti Patel now our Home Secretary there could quite possibly be a referendum to bring back hanging. I will oppose this and should the result be in favour of bringing back hanging then don't expect me or the Lib Dems to stop opposing it. At the end of the day the people will decide but democracy is an ongoing process and doesn't come to a shuddering halt at a fixed point in time.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...or-second-time
    I wouldn't use the term 'self-righteous' specifically against the LibDems 59, it covers all the virtue-signalling, lefty PC Brigade, which must of course include the LibDems. He's trying to explain the way the left demonises it's opponents, whereas those on the right tend to be more magnanimous towards theirs. A fine example is the way many Labour MPs say they cannot be friends with a Tory, many Leave voters say they are now ostracised by their Remain voting friends, the way in which the Labour Front Bench refused to acknowledge May as she left the chamber as PM for the last time. Of course you, as a lefty, won't recognise this and will deny it, Evans explains why above.
    Incidentally, you and anyone else are free to call me self-righteous if they so wish, all such insults go right over my head, as I know any insults from me, or any of your political opponents, will not cause you any loss of sleep either. We both have better things to worry about than what some knob-jockey on a msgboard might call us.

On hanging, I doubt very much there will be a referendum, if there was I would not vote to re-instate it. Not that I am against it in principal, if someone knowingly takes another's life, then it doesn't worry me if they should lose their own, and what is the alternative, lock them up and throw away the key for the rest of their life, that seems more cruel than bringing their life to a swift end to me, or let them back out onto the streets eventually, with the possibility they'll kill again, is that fairer ? Well not to the general public who are put at risk with a known killer roaming the streets, if they do kill again I just hope it's not me or any member of my family.

But on the other hand, I don't trust our justice system to get it right every time, and inevitably some poor innocent person will end up on the scaffold, we cannot take that risk, so it's a no from me, leave it as it is.

BT, you are showing you prejudices yet again. I bet you were jumping up and down in rage when Boris said a similar thing about Scousers a few years ago.

And if you REALLY don't understand how a woman can be "nearly raped" then it's a good job you don't work in our judicial system.

You can be charged with attempted rape, attempted murder, attempted theft etc.

I can tell that Jo and the Lib Dems are getting under your skin though
    If Swinson is such a well educated, self righteous piece of Scottish totty, why did she not do the right thing and report the alleged rapist to the police? The Lib Dems have always got under my skin 1959-60, because they run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
    BoJo knows if he runs into trouble after Brexit your lot will help him out.

We certainly had to hold our noses and sacrifice a lot of good will when we entered the coalition BT. Very few in the party wanted it and we lost loads of members.
    We (Vince and Paddy Ashdown were desperately trying to do a deal with you lot but you just weren't interested.
    But the state of the nation was awful and we had to make sure there was a functioning Government at that time. We paid a very heavy price for doing the right thing.

To be honest, whichever party is in power doesn't change our standard of living by very much (Thatcher excepted). There is still poverty, foodbanks and people making a mint.

But Brexit WILL make a big difference and only the Chosen Few will benefit from it. And we all know who they are don't we?
    It will be plebs like us who will end up feeling the pinch. In a short time we will come to our senses and ask, "What the hell was I thinking of when I voted Brexit?"

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I wouldn't use the term 'self-righteous' specifically against the LibDems 59, it covers all the virtue-signalling, lefty PC Brigade, which must of course include the LibDems. He's trying to explain the way the left demonises it's opponents, whereas those on the right tend to be more magnanimous towards theirs. A fine example is the way many Labour MPs say they cannot be friends with a Tory, many Leave voters say they are now ostracised by their Remain voting friends, the way in which the Labour Front Bench refused to acknowledge May as she left the chamber as PM for the last time. Of course you, as a lefty, won't recognise this and will deny it, Evans explains why above.
    Incidentally, you and anyone else are free to call me self-righteous if they so wish, all such insults go right over my head, as I know any insults from me, or any of your political opponents, will not cause you any loss of sleep either. We both have better things to worry about than what some knob-jockey on a msgboard might call us.

On hanging, I doubt very much there will be a referendum, if there was I would not vote to re-instate it. Not that I am against it in principal, if someone knowingly takes another's life, then it doesn't worry me if they should lose their own, and what is the alternative, lock them up and throw away the key for the rest of their life, that seems more cruel than bringing their life to a swift end to me, or let them back out onto the streets eventually, with the possibility they'll kill again, is that fairer ? Well not to the general public who are put at risk with a known killer roaming the streets, if they do kill again I just hope it's not me or any member of my family.

But on the other hand, I don't trust our justice system to get it right every time, and inevitably some poor innocent person will end up on the scaffold, we cannot take that risk, so it's a no from me, leave it as it is.
    self-righteous
    /ˌsɛlfˈrʌɪtʃəs/
    adjective
    having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior.

Reading that definition it fits people like Donald Trump, Boris, Farage, Rees-Mogg etc perfectly.
    They are, of course, born to rule and they know it all.
    I agree that there are politicians all across the spectrum who can be described as "self righteous" but to say that only lefties fit the bill is nonsense.

I don't take issue with anything I get called on here Sinkov - it usually means that I have won the argument and insults are all they have left
    But I wouldn't describe myself as being a lefty. Maybe a little to the left of centre ....I suppose, being an extreme righty, that you think anyone left of Thatcher is a lefty?

We agree totally on hanging by the way

[/QUOTE]"But Brexit WILL make a big difference and only the Chosen Few will benefit from it. And we all know who they are don't we?
    It will be plebs like us who will end up feeling the pinch. In a short time we will come to our senses and ask, "What the hell was I thinking of when I voted Brexit?"[/QUOTE]

That's a quality Lib Dem / Lefty piece of toshism. What does that actually mean?

Who are plebs like us. Are you talking about the people who peddle drugs in downtown Heysham or the West End or are you talking about the good folk of Bare.

Its this stereotyping and whingy whiny crap that comes from Lib Dem and Labour voters that tries to point fingers at a "certain type" as though they are to blame when they should no better. The Conservative voters just tend to be wan*y spanners who emit a smug glow.

I cant wait for a change of government so we can pile into how crap they will be.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)