+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Leader Announced

Afternoon Casper - why aren't you out selling your cakes?
    Have you checked out the events in Morecambe this Summer/Autumn? You will clean up and if you have any left you can drop them in here.

The Chosen Few I was describing are the very rich financial sector bods who make a killing out of doing clever stuff on the financial markets.
    By plebs I meant practically everyone else - including practically everyone in Morecambe....in fact practically everyone who doesn't trade in the financial district of London. Rees-Mogg is a perfect example.

I was selling cakes in Bramptonshire. I do need to find some events in your neck of the woods but we are just SOOOOO busy.

Once we are out of Europe then we should start a campaign to cut ourselves away from London and the South East.

Lonxit? Need a better catchy term though.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    I was selling cakes in Bramptonshire. I do need to find some events in your neck of the woods but we are just SOOOOO busy.

Once we are out of Europe then we should start a campaign to cut ourselves away from London and the South East.

Lonxit? Need a better catchy term though.
    Will BOLLOX TO THE SOUTH EAST do you Casper?

No needs to be more catchy. I am going out soon - work on it and report back to me when I get home form Kirkcudbright!

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    No needs to be more catchy. I am going out soon - work on it and report back to me when I get home form Kirkcudbright!
    How's about BOLLOX TO BOJO?

BT - that is brilliant!

I don't know where you get your inspiration from

A great result for the Lib Dems and our new leader in yesterday's Brecon and Radnorshire election.

A 14% swing to the Lib Dems helped to overturn a 8000 Tory majority last time in a Leave voting constituency.

Once again the Labour vote tanked and they narrowly avoided losing their deposit.

The times they are a changing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    A great result for the Lib Dems and our new leader in yesterday's Brecon and Radnorshire election.

A 14% swing to the Lib Dems helped to overturn a 8000 Tory majority last time in a Leave voting constituency.

Once again the Labour vote tanked and they narrowly avoided losing their deposit.

The times they are a changing.
    Your candidate only had to beat a swindling charlatan. Labour would never win that seat in a month of Sundays. Glad to see the BoJo effect is receding already...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Your candidate only had to beat a swindling charlatan. Labour would never win that seat in a month of Sundays. Glad to see the BoJo effect is receding already...
    The Bojo effect, eh?

I think most reasonable people have made their minds up that he is a bloke with no principles and his buffoon style portrayal of himself may make him a celebrity while he is on the back benches but is totally unsuited to lead our nation.
    A very shallow opportunist who blows with the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Except it isn't, the Libs were 1/50 to win this but the Tories ran them close, much closer than was predicted. When you look more closely at this result it's worrying for the LDs, the Tories were dumb enough to put up the same cheat the electors had recalled, why on earth did May sanction that, Boris/Cummings would never have made that mistake, the Greens and PC didn't stand, PC at least certainly will if there's a GE, so the Lib vote will be split next time, the Tory and Brexit Party stood against each other and split the Leave vote letting the Libs in. The Leave parties, Tory, Brexit and Ukip totalled more than the Remain, Libs and Labour, so nothing much has changed in the underlying situation, it's just that Remain played politics far better then the Leavers. If Boris and Farage learn their lesson and work together, and you'd hope they will, this result won't be repeated.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)