+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Leader Announced

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Well, we tend to be a queery lot Alf.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Ooooh! You are a cheeky boy Alf

thought I recognised it !

is this the same Demon that boasts about her love for the enviroment - but was happy to take donations from a Fracking Boss....and then voted against a moratorium on Fracking permits.

Hardly a "fracking boss" Norder!

The company produces 80% of it's output using renewables. But yes, they do own fracking permits. And the bloke who gave the donation is a Lib Dem member.
    http://www.warwickenergy.com/index.p...t-menu-item-33

A popularist is a politician who advocates specific policies just because they are popular.

Examples include Boris, Corbyn, Sinkov, Farage and Trump.
    I'm intrigued 59, you say Sir Nigel of Farage is a popularist, but he ran UKIP for years and they were annihilsted at every GE they stood in. Not many more than the proverbial two men and a dog were voting for him, so which specific popular policy was he advocating ? I think we should be told.

After months of campaigning the new leader was tonight revealed.

Jo Swinson becomes the first female leader of the liberal democrats.

And what an excellent choice - a real force of nature.

Although I doubt if she will get many warm words on here with the majority being popularist, divisive types
    Poor Jo is not getting a good write up on here 59, so I have some warm words for her. At least she's not Ed Davey.

Hardly a "fracking boss" Norder!

The company produces 80% of it's output using renewables. But yes, they do own fracking permits. And the bloke who gave the donation is a Lib Dem member.
    http://www.warwickenergy.com/index.p...t-menu-item-33
    thats right 59'......Warwick Energy, majority owned by her friend Mark Petterson (ex BP) and a couple of his mates - those of the earlier failed "Independent Energy".....crashed leaving its shareholers/investors etc hundreds of millions out of pocket - not to mention the trouble it caused its customers - but, within weeks of its failure, they started their new venture (cash cow), with a big fat loan from Deutsche bank and the go ahead from the Department of Energy....to send them on their way again - so all is well - cos its renewable energy man, these guys are cool - yeah ?

Dont be Fooled.

Finally...we are about to have a decent PM.

But we will have to endure Boris for a short while yet.
    About has much chance as we have of winning the Premier League. Where on earth are the Lib Dems going to find a lot more than 20 odd decent MP candidates? Please God not another coalition with the Tories?

A popularist is a politician who advocates specific policies just because they are popular.

Examples include Boris, Corbyn, Sinkov, Farage and Trump.
    Corbyn? He's about as popular as a snake in a swimming pool.

The youngsters love him BT - They sing "Oooh Jeremy Corbyn" (to the tune of 7 Nation army - White Stripes) en masse at Festivals and they dont like it if you oppose them. It upsets them.

I recently went to a festival and saw a band there on the Sunday night called Enter Shikari who are very pro left and quite radical in their views. Ilike the music though. I was quite pissed and singing along and getting along famously with the younger chaps near me in the audience with their splendid beards.
    The lead singer was doing a bit of spiel between songs and as the Tory leadership battle was in full swing at that time he came out with something like "Yeah so what do we think about Boris - Yeah that's right F*** Boris Johnson"

To which I shouted loudly "Yeah f*** Jeremy Corbyn too, the useless bearded old t***!"

There was an audible gasp from my new beardy chums and I suddenly gained a little bit more space around me in a packed arena. I think Mrs C appreciated that.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)