+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: New Leader Announced

Lol..

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    BT, you tell us that you think the UK should leave the EU with no deal.

So what do you think about the current Labour policy on it? (I may have to ask you again next week )
    Leaving the EU with a deal or no deal is preferable to staying in and that's my personal opinion.

The issue is conflicted and divisive, even JC and the lovely Dianne can't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Leaving the EU with a deal or no deal is preferable to staying in and that's my personal opinion.

The issue is conflicted and divisive, even JC and the lovely Dianne can't agree.
    The bottom line is that, no matter what your political persuasion, the whole situation is just as big a mess as it has been for over 3 years, in fact, it is probably worse now because of all the political posturing of those in Westminster who seem to change their minds, mainly to protect their own interest and then, if they have no joy, they then change their party ---the one constant though is that they continue to receive their pay cheques ---no matter who they are purporting to represent.

It's not really conflicted BT, the reality is quite simple and straightforward. Our MPs passed the EU Referendum Act 2015, and in the ensuing referendum there was a majority to leave the EU of 1.3 million. Parliament voted 461-89 to trigger Article 50, so confirming that they would implement the result of the referendum, and that A50 was the means by which we would leave. After the Miller case in the High Court, the government introduced the EU (Notification of Withdrawal) Act which passed by the overwhelming margin of 498-114. So now leaving the EU under A50 of the Treaty of Rome is enshrined in both EU law and by our MPs in UK law.

Under A50 the EU is 'required to negotiate and conclude an agreement with the leaving state'. The said state leaves the EU on reaching such an agreement, or failing to come to an agreement, at the end of two years or any agreed extension period. So on October 31st we leave the EU, in the event that the EU has failed to conclude an agreement with us, we will leave without one. All so simple and legal, and all agreed and passed into law by our MPs.

This is not a 'hard Tory' Brexit, it's not a 'Boris no deal' Brexit, it's not a plot concocted by swivel eyed hard right Brexiteers, it's the way we have to leave the EU, as expressed by the EU's own Article 50, and as voted for and passed into UK law by our own elected representatives. That's the reality of where we are, and it really is as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's not really conflicted BT, the reality is quite simple and straightforward. Our MPs passed the EU Referendum Act 2015, and in the ensuing referendum there was a majority to leave the EU of 1.3 million. Parliament voted 461-89 to trigger Article 50, so confirming that they would implement the result of the referendum, and that A50 was the means by which we would leave. After the Miller case in the High Court, the government introduced the EU (Notification of Withdrawal) Act which passed by the overwhelming margin of 498-114. So now leaving the EU under A50 of the Treaty of Rome is enshrined in both EU law and by our MPs in UK law.

Under A50 the EU is 'required to negotiate and conclude an agreement with the leaving state'. The said state leaves the EU on reaching such an agreement, or failing to come to an agreement, at the end of two years or any agreed extension period. So on October 31st we leave the EU, in the event that the EU has failed to conclude an agreement with us, we will leave without one. All so simple and legal, and all agreed and passed into law by our MPs.

This is not a 'hard Tory' Brexit, it's not a 'Boris no deal' Brexit, it's not a plot concocted by swivel eyed hard right Brexiteers, it's the way we have to leave the EU, as expressed by the EU's own Article 50, and as voted for and passed into UK law by our own elected representatives. That's the reality of where we are, and it really is as simple as that.
    Thank you for that sinkov. I feel a whole lot better now.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

sinkov--isn't this why JC wants to take over? Doesn't he want a further extension to the 31 October date? To be honest, I've lost track of what they all want because they have expressed so many different views since the referendum!

Thank you for that sinkov. I feel a whole lot better now.
    Wait until 59 gets hold of it, I expect it will give him belly-ache.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    sinkov--isn't this why JC wants to take over? Doesn't he want a further extension to the 31 October date? To be honest, I've lost track of what they all want because they have expressed so many different views since the referendum!
    Who knows with JC Sub, my best guess, and crediting him with a modicum of intelligence and political nous, is that he wants us out of the EU, but can't own up to that as Labour leader, so he sits on the fence, hoping the Tories will get us out and then they get the blame if it all goes pear-shaped, and he wins the following GE. Or maybe he has another cunning plan, or maybe and more likely, he has no plan at all, he hasn't a fecking clue what he's doing.

Last week I had a chance to go around some terrorist sites ,over here . I expected to see ''Kilroy was here'',scribbled on the walls ,but no! Each time I saw scribbled ''J C was here'' !! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Last week I had a chance to go around some terrorist sites ,over here . I expected to see ''Kilroy was here'',scribbled on the walls ,but no! Each time I saw scribbled ''J C was here'' !! :-)
    What was Jesus Christ doing there Balan?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)