+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Danes

Assuming it is them, my question is where is the money coming from, who is backing them? That seems a bit of a mystery, and given the money pit football clubs are, is the most important question. Has anyone found anything out? The rest of it is secondary sadly, they need the funds to subsidise a business that is unlikely to make a profit for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I didn’t know a lot about how Brentford did things so your post prompted me to have a little look;

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...h-huge-budgets

If we do go down the same route, we could be on to a good thing. Let’s hope so.
    Thats the article I'd read too. Very promising if we went down that route. Would take some getting used to. But then we've tried and failed in so many other approaches, what do we have to lose.

I didn’t know a lot about how Brentford did things so your post prompted me to have a little look;

Yes, all sounds good but I bet they will want to have some input into team selection, having the stats to know better than the manager, that could be interesting ��

Quote Originally Posted by NottsOnTheUp View Post
    Yes, all sounds good but I bet they will want to have some input into team selection, having the stats to know better than the manager, that could be interesting ��
    From the article...

" Before players are bought, there is coordination between the coaching staff, scouting department and directors of football."

More of a collaborative effort than we're used to.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    That's true, to be fair. At least until tomorrow, everything is guesswork. I won't be buying my season ticket until I've seen the press conference and the winding up order is dismissed.
    You might have to wait for the presser.

From Leigh Curtis web chat.

Mike pie: Hi Leigh so if all goes well, everything crossed are you hoping for a press conference on Wednesday? And even more so be able to speak to NA about what his plans are for the season etc?

Hi Mike Pie, I doubt there would be a press conference Wednesday, be nice if there was. And yes it would be great to speak to NA about his plans for next season.

Interesting stuff and certainly a likely direction of travel if the Danish and analytic connections are anything to go by.

As you say BFP, we don't know whether the compensation we get for the Dongda He's and Kion Etete's covers the cost of the youth team or not. If it does, then the new owners might keep the youth team as well as pursuing a strategy like this. It's always nice to see "one of your own" come through. If not, then the Brentford model may be the way, although we tried scrapping the youth side under Gary Mills to invest more in the first team and he wasted it. The bottom line is that our recruitment has to be better than it has been for at least the last 15 years, whoever we sign and however we sign them. Hopefully, Football Radar have the tools to make us more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    You might have to wait for the presser.

From Leigh Curtis web chat.

Mike pie: Hi Leigh so if all goes well, everything crossed are you hoping for a press conference on Wednesday? And even more so be able to speak to NA about what his plans are for the season etc?

Hi Mike Pie, I doubt there would be a press conference Wednesday, be nice if there was. And yes it would be great to speak to NA about his plans for next season.
    A media release from the club would do, perhaps backed up by one from Football Radar to prove it's not Hardy writing it!

People using Brentford as a comparison should note that their owner has (up to June 2018) committed £114m to the club, including loans of £76m

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    All I can see is a black box, but that might be my computer!

I hope they won't take us into a black hole!
    Surely, we're hoping they take us OUT of the black hole, Jackal

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    People using Brentford as a comparison should note that their owner has (up to June 2018) committed £114m to the club, including loans of £76m
    Every little helps!

The bottom line is the bottom line. Regardless of who owns the club or what strategy they follow, Notts County must stop spending a large amount more than it earns if it is going to survive. It might be reasonable to expect a football club owner to underwrite a small operating loss, at least in their early years, but long term we cannot operate like a charity. That's regardless of which league we're in.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast