+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Danes

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Of course it matters. It's not all about just avoiding administration (I dont think we'd have been liquidated) in the short term. We had winding up orders and unpaid wages under the Trews and Hardy. It would be madness having to face that again. It's no way to run a football club, let alone a business. Stability and sustainability are essential this time.

I suspect (whatever mistakes he made last season) without Ardley, we'd be in a complete mess on the pitch too. Huge credit to him for his conduct thought this saga.
    The fact is that hopefully after tomorrow our fortunes will be on the up. But without the Danes we would have sunk without trace, as there didn't seem to be any others at this late hour willing to bale us out. Im quite sure the judge at next weeks hearing would not have put up with any more crap from Hardy and wound us up.So, give the Danes a chance, cos you never know they may just surprise us all..

Anyone else enjoying a night of nervous hope mixed with fear or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    There's been too much secrecy so I have this fear that someone (the Danes?) have paid AH off to put us into Admin and then the new consortium will pay the £1 plus the statutory debts at the 11th hour and AH will return with a new role but still ruining, sorry, running, the club.

This is Notts County and it hasn't been onwards and upwards for a long time though I confused that Durham seems impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yes, me too Swale.

Oh and more than happy to give the Danes a chance Durham, just want it to turn it right this time.

Yes, me too Swale.

Oh and more than happy to give the Danes a chance Durham, just want it to turn it right this time.
    If CARLSBERG did takeovers would it go like this? Lets hope the DANES are GREAT.....

Just to ask my own question again, who will be owning our club exactly, and where is the funding coming from? That Football Radar company is surely too small to support Notts, so who is behind this bid I wonder. Am not being a doom monger, but we do need some reassurance/information on this. We really don't want to be back in a mess in no time at all. Hardy ran out of money, the Trews ran out of money and Munto never had any.
    Perfectly good question Cher..............

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Perfectly good question Cher..............
    Very good question I would say. I think we will all need to see some very clear logic in regards to this given the last 3.

Assuming it is them, my question is where is the money coming from, who is backing them? That seems a bit of a mystery, and given the money pit football clubs are, is the most important question. Has anyone found anything out? The rest of it is secondary sadly, they need the funds to subsidise a business that is unlikely to make a profit for the foreseeable future.
    Who cares where they get there money from to run Notts. That's there business and i'm sure they'll run the club better that Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Who cares where they get there money from to run Notts. That's there business and i'm sure they'll run the club better that Hardy
    The thing with some people is that we convict them before before they have a chance to defend themselves...

Just to ask my own question again, who will be owning our club exactly, and where is the funding coming from? That Football Radar company is surely too small to support Notts, so who is behind this bid I wonder. Am not being a doom monger, but we do need some reassurance/information on this. We really don't want to be back in a mess in no time at all. Hardy ran out of money, the Trews ran out of money and Munto never had any.
    I'm not sure you need vast amounts of money to run a football club successfully. Football Radar might have their own ways of finding ways to improve our position. They seem very confident about their ways of finding exactly the right player for any position needing a better player. If they, with their computerised network of players worldwide, can't find the right man at the right price - who can?

I'm not saying a computer is the best way to look for players, they can only know what someone has programmed them to know.

There are good players out there unnoticed and passed by because they just don't fit in their present team, maybe Football Radar have them stored on a computer, waiting for the right club to come along where they can blossom - step forward, ta-daa! Notts County!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast