Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
The whole thing has been one sorry mess. Despite MP's on all sides blaming everyone else, 90% of the house voted for the public to vote in a referendum so I guess the moral of that tale is don't ask the question if you don't like the answer.

The negotiations were a fiasco. I've negotiated pan European and global contracts as part of my job on occasion. One of the key rules is that both sides must want the same outcome. There may be differences of opinion as to how we get there and what it costs but fundamentally they must want the same outcome. This was never going to happen. It's bad business for the EU if we leave with a good deal as it sends out the wrong messages. That's why no deal should never have been taken off the table. The moment you lose the option to get up and walk away you're screwed. It's a bit like your bank having you by the financial balls and you having to do exactly what they say. It's something our dimwitted negotiators never got. I'd rather stay in than have some half cocked deal that pleases no one like May was after. Given we have Corbyn or the Lib Dems as our only other options I think Boris's approach is at least worth a go so lets judge him once he's had a go.

Could not agree more Stripes!! I am a CIPS qualified purchasing professional and also question why you would take a no deal off the table as this would make no sense! A perfect negotiation is a win win but in this case it was never going to happen so it’s a case of - which side has more power and less to lose! The EU need us more than we need them and if we do as hoped prosper when we leave - more countries will follow us! Many EU countries are struggling and even the German manufacturing is on the decline. Trump has a big mouth and not well liked outside the US but the US economy and employment rates are good!

What would you rather have as a football manager - a nasty ******* who is not that well liked who achieves results or a soft nice guy like Darren Moore who can’t make a decision and learn quickly from a mistake?