+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt

A class act in defeat I thought.

Possibly his job next time around I suspect because I see Boris as the “Churchill” type leader required for the imminent battle ahead and to see off Corbyn at the next election.

I can see Hunt being a good “peacetime” leader once the dust has settled in a few years from now.

Both Tory and Labour have plenty to fear now though with the Libs under Jo Swinson.

I was interested to see their branding at their leadership finale yesterday with their “Stop Brexit” banner alongside their name,very clearly a clever strategy as I can see this clearly appealing to the “Metropolitan”,city dwelling Labour supporters and to the remain portion of the Tory Party.

I can see Labour’s farcical position decimating them at an election if one is called before Brexit.

If Boris can persuade Farage not to run at a general election I see a fight to the death between the Tory’s and the Dib Lemons and Labour being crushed to the point of becoming a “Rump” party.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to hear that Boris has had early discussions with Farage to placate him and offer him some sort of position to keep the Brexit Party out of the general election and if this is agreed that Boris calls an election very shortly.

I think we’d then see people like Dominic Grieve deselected by his constituency as party associations ensure pro Brexit candidates are in situ for the election.

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting but my best guess now is a general election in October.

I am glad Boris won it and not the Fox Hunter. Hunt looks like the typical Tory, sly, cruel and putting "country Pursuits" of the rich before public services and peoples health and education. What's more his name rhymes with a ladies ***ual organ.

Not dismayed at all with Boris, i think he will make the Tory party much more electable than if people had chosen hard line Hunt.
    I want to see Boris live up to his promises now, get us out of Europe first, then pratice what he preaches about a fairer society for everyone.

I have always voted Labour as you know, but appalled they want to overturn a democratic vote of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    my best guess now is a general election in October.
    Would that be before of after you leave?
    Isn't the latest get out date....31st of October?
    Or do you think that the date will be extended..yet again to placate a UK general election?
    Hasn't the new PM Johnson publicly announced that UK is going out...deal or no deal?...or do you think that's a red herring?

Certainly interesting times....we in Ireland are amused....we have unusually neighbors to say the least...
    USA on one side...UK on the other....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StG4fFWHqg

I have always voted against Europe ever since i was 18 in 73. Not because of immigrants or anything like that, but because most european countries are jealous of us and despise us. You only have to look at Eurovision to see that.
    We have spent more time at war with France than we have been at peace with them, and the Germans aren't much better. The French prefer them to us despite them steamrolling their country three times in 150 years.

I knew if we joined Europe, the Germans and French would want to run the show, and guess what happened?

A class act in defeat I thought.

Possibly his job next time around I suspect because I see Boris as the “Churchill” type leader required for the imminent battle ahead and to see off Corbyn at the next election.

I can see Hunt being a good “peacetime” leader once the dust has settled in a few years from now.

Both Tory and Labour have plenty to fear now though with the Libs under Jo Swinson.

I was interested to see their branding at their leadership finale yesterday with their “Stop Brexit” banner alongside their name,very clearly a clever strategy as I can see this clearly appealing to the “Metropolitan”,city dwelling Labour supporters and to the remain portion of the Tory Party.

I can see Labour’s farcical position decimating them at an election if one is called before Brexit.

If Boris can persuade Farage not to run at a general election I see a fight to the death between the Tory’s and the Dib Lemons and Labour being crushed to the point of becoming a “Rump” party.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to hear that Boris has had early discussions with Farage to placate him and offer him some sort of position to keep the Brexit Party out of the general election and if this is agreed that Boris calls an election very shortly.

I think we’d then see people like Dominic Grieve deselected by his constituency as party associations ensure pro Brexit candidates are in situ for the election.

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting but my best guess now is a general election in October.
    just listened to jo Swinson,typical hard remainer asked a couple of times if a second referendum voted leave would she except it .all she would say I’ll do what this party believes in basically saying she wouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Would that be before of after you leave?
    Isn't the latest get out date....31st of October?
    Or do you think that the date will be extended..yet again to placate a UK general election?
    Hasn't the new PM Johnson publicly announced that UK is going out...deal or no deal?...or do you think that's a red herring?

Certainly interesting times....we in Ireland are amused....we have unusually neighbors to say the least...
    USA on one side...UK on the other....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StG4fFWHqg
    I think if he can get Farage to pull the Brexit Party out of a general election he’ll go for an election in early October to try to create the numbers he needs in parliament to get Brexit through whilst Labour are in shambles.

Deselect Grieve and the other wet lettuces and give the pro Brexit voters the party they can get behind.

He’ll get substantial numbers of traditional Labour voters and all the Brexit and UKIP voters if he does whilst Labour are squeezed by Pro Remain Dib Lemons and the loss of their heartland votes in the north and the Midlands.

I can’t see any other way of getting this through before Oct 31st Dubbag.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I have always voted against Europe ever since i was 18 in 73. Not because of immigrants or anything like that, but because most european countries are jealous of us and despise us. You only have to look at Eurovision to see that.
    We have spent more time at war with France than we have been at peace with them, and the Germans aren't much better. The French prefer them to us despite them steamrolling their country three times in 150 years.

I knew if we joined Europe, the Germans and French would want to run the show, and guess what happened?

Too right Des!! Then you get the Leo knob cosying up to Macron like a fly on a turd!

Boris will stand no s hit and for sure he will want to do a deal with Farage and who could blame him!

The biggest threat to me is the public and the media. Before there was a resulting prime minister there have been some very disrespectful comments, and since the result some very negative and divisive comments, such as the Guardian (No surprise there) using the headline "The clown is crowned as the country burns in hell" None of this helps the country to get on with the task ahead. The Remainers who for three years have pushed against a democratic result continue to try and destroy this country and its historic democratic "accept the vote" policy. As long as this poison of self disbelief continues we are going nowhere. Brexit has never been the problem. The attitude toward it has. Any "mess" that we are in is because we are not out by now, something we could have been a long time ago. Shame on the negative poisonous group of weak non believers who have to hold mommy's hand or they cant do anything. The EU is their mother, and what ugly babies they make.

I think if he can get Farage to pull the Brexit Party out of a general election he’ll go for an election in early October to try to create the numbers he needs in parliament to get Brexit through whilst Labour are in shambles.

Deselect Grieve and the other wet lettuces and give the pro Brexit voters the party they can get behind.

He’ll get substantial numbers of traditional Labour voters and all the Brexit and UKIP voters if he does whilst Labour are squeezed by Pro Remain Dib Lemons and the loss of their heartland votes in the north and the Midlands.

I can’t see any other way of getting this through before Oct 31st Dubbag.
    I understand where your track is coming from on the 31st date.
    So, in effect you are going for a general election to get the mandate to get out on the 31st.
    Quite a lot of ifs and buts in there.......but in essence.....it could turn out to be a proxy second referendum on BREXIT.
    Looking at it from over here....it has become quite clear that party loyalty is gone...for the two main parties...I believe voters would vote for the candidate most likely to deliver on the initial referendum....and that could mean voting for anybody....
    It backfired on the last PM (snap election) most probably would happen again......
    So, I am just wondering if he will go to the EU and ask for another extension due to a general election been called...

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    The biggest threat to me is the public and the media. Before there was a resulting prime minister there have been some very disrespectful comments, and since the result some very negative and divisive comments, such as the Guardian (No surprise there) using the headline "The clown is crowned as the country burns in hell" None of this helps the country to get on with the task ahead. The Remainers who for three years have pushed against a democratic result continue to try and destroy this country and its historic democratic "accept the vote" policy. As long as this poison of self disbelief continues we are going nowhere. Brexit has never been the problem. The attitude toward it has. Any "mess" that we are in is because we are not out by now, something we could have been a long time ago. Shame on the negative poisonous group of weak non believers who have to hold mommy's hand or they cant do anything. The EU is their mother, and what ugly babies they make.
    Well boingy for your sake...I do hope your Government stops asking for extensions and just leaves...either with some form of deal or not...
    If it is a no deal...then fine, all will have to adjust to the new situation on the ground as best they can....It is an unprecedented move but so be it....The situation will be complicated for companies and individuals for a while....but evolution will sort it out...it usually does....unless you are a big bank...in which case evolution will look to be over ridden for a while.....but only a while...
    All the best...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)