+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The whole club feels flat

Quote Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    As it stands it is absutely scandalous. If we sign 1 or 2 late on it is crap organisation. The pre season has been biizarrely ridiculous.
    I am seriously unhappy and cannot undsrstand what the fcuk is going on.
    I can only conclude that the owmer is milking the club/fans. If he isnt then he should come out and give an explanation as to why we are doing nothing in prep for the new season
    Wait for the "you're a numpty" comment from those who are more "optimistic" than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Well this says it all and i'm already thinking of next season.

Leeds fans have taken to Twitter to voice their concerns after a Phil Hay update left supporters reeling.

The journalist hinted that Leeds’ transfer business could be done,
    Careful Oz, "neghead" is one if the least offensive names you might qualify for.

If no additional (decent quality) signings soon, we are bolloxed. Cannot reasonably and realistically expect we can be anywhere near top without proven striker and CB.

It's easy to see why people are being negative with a lack of transfer activity, however I am a little bit surprised that we are writing off our chances without a single meaningful game having been played yet for this season.

We all keep saying we need a player for this position or that one etc, but just maybe Biesla & Corberan have seen enough quality coming from the Under 23's that we don't need to go mad with the cheque book (even if we could).

As with any new season, the first 10 games will confirm one way or the other, I am going to be optimistic and suggest players like Edmondson, Bogusz & a few others, will be making the step up to the 1st team squad this year and we will be at top end of table when it counts.

We won't be anywhere near the top 2 if thats us done..be a struggle to even get 6th.

I have no expectations for next season and look forward to a solid mid table finish with the odd embarrassing result to the likes of Barnsley/Sheff Weds/Huddersfield etc etc.

F*cks sake!

4/1 clear favourites to win the league:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...ionship/winner

And there's only Mitrovic & Maupay ahead of Bamford & Roofe in the betting to be leading goalscorer - now that did surprise me a tad

How the hell can powder puff bamford and injury prone roofe be that high up in the goalscoring charts..... unbelievable

Not implying for one second that either of them would be top scorer - just passing on what i read.

Just found this - which is supposed to be our second string XI, some pretty decent players in there who would get into most Championship sides on a regular basis.

Name:  lineup3.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  10.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    Just found this - which is supposed to be our second string XI, some pretty decent players in there who would get into most Championship sides on a regular basis.

Name:  lineup3.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  10.5 KB
    Agree some very good players there.

If you look at the Championship stats Roofe came in at third or fourth in the goals per minute stats - if he can stay fit he should be good.

Also Pontus didn’t play for the first 5 or 6 games so when we were on fire he wasn’t in the side.

I think the one piece of the jigsaw that we need to be more confident is a decent ST to back up Roofe. Gayle had the best goals per minute stats by some distance so if the club can afford his wages then that would be good.

I hope Bamford proves us all wrong and scores 35 this season but I really don’t think that will happen. He sometimes looks lost on the pitch and often goes missing. My biggest concern is he doesn’t seem to like putting his body on the line.

Other than that we look much stronger than last season imho. There are at least 6 players coming through who look good.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)