+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shall we make Warne our Dario Gradi?

Shall we make Warne our Dario Gradi?

He is not perfect but I want stability at the club .

It's time to make Warne our Dario and give him the job for as long as he wants it.

Flip...........Flop

Why not,look how well Crewe have flourished.

No, dont think so.

I'll throw this in to the ring, should Warne take us straight back up he will not be at the club much after that. Money and a bigger club will turn his head.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    He is not perfect but I want stability at the club .

It's time to make Warne our Dario and give him the job for as long as he wants it.
    Is that the Dario Gradi who was suspended by the FA from all football related activities for his role in the Barry Bennell scandal? I'm sure Warney would thank you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Is that the Dario Gradi who was suspended by the FA from all football related activities for his role in the Barry Bennell scandal? I'm sure Warney would thank you for that.
    Patty, that also crossed my mind, however. I feel IBS is looking at the long term future of what Warne could bring to our club and what diamonds he may unearth along the way, that may bring rich rewards to the owner of our club and to the benefit of the paying fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Patty, that also crossed my mind, however. I feel IBS is looking at the long term future of what Warne could bring to our club and what diamonds he may unearth along the way, that may bring rich rewards to the owner of our club and to the benefit of the paying fan.
    Sorry Brin, but I don't think it is possible to just concentrate on the diamonds unearthed, when on Gradi's watch scores if not hundreds of diamonds were also ***ually assaulted.

For all the top class players they produced, and the riches that brought in for them, they rarely ventured higher than the bottom two divisions. Think they had two or three seasons in what is now the Championship in the late 90s/early 2000s.
    He always had them playing decent football though, and were a bit of a bogey team for us.
    Besides, they yielded their own players from their own academy (or equivalent set up) and sold them.
    We're buying players and selling the best ones for a profit. But in the process we're currently having some fun with promotions and Championship football.