+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norman Smurthwaite please

Norman Smurthwaite please

I think N. S. Has to be our best/only hope now. Even if that means starting on - 10 points

He is the only option and he will take over when we're in admin next week. I've pretty much lost all my love for the club after over 40 years to be honest. I'm not even excited for the new season and have plenty of other things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    He is the only option and he will take over when we're in admin next week. I've pretty much lost all my love for the club after over 40 years to be honest. I'm not even excited for the new season and have plenty of other things to do on a Saturday afternoon.
    Agree, this whole episode has sucked the fun out of supporting Notts for me.

I regret buying a season ticket for the first time ever.

If he's our only hope, then we have no hope. He'll just kill us, but a bit more slowly. If we're go into admin, the pool of potential buyers would hopefully include better options than him. Thanks but no thanks.

No, I'd sooner we took our chances in admin.

Which would you take? N.S. in admin or liquidation if that was the only choice

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Wouldn't be my, or our choice, would it? Admin wallers will decide on the favoured bidder.

If you want to know about the smurf ask the vale fans he almost destroyed their club

That won't be the case though, am sure there will be other groups circling ready for admin. Including the delightful Mr 'May'.

I think N. S. Has to be our best/only hope now. Even if that means starting on - 10 points
    No way on this earth do I want that man anywhere near this club either. Have you read the things Port Vale fans have said?

If we go into administration then any interested party that may have done due diligence such as the Terry Pritchard led consortium, the May and Dodd (shudder), the Danes, Smuthwaite and anyone else who we do not know about who would be waiting in the wings would all get the opportunity to acquire it from the administrator.

So it's a no, no, no to Smurthwaite from me. Ditto for the May/Dodd consortium as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast