+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leigh Curtis

Leigh Curtis

I'm having doubts about is journalistic attributes. I believe he's a desk warrior. Sits there writing what gossip he hears. Any good journalist would knock on peoples doors and ask serious questions rather than copy of forums and listen to gossip. That office seat must be worn down. Should of asked Alan for his office chair.

Quote Originally Posted by postie66 View Post
    I'm having doubts about is journalistic attributes. I believe he's a desk warrior. Sits there writing what gossip he hears. Any good journalist would knock on peoples doors and ask serious questions rather than copy of forums and listen to gossip. That office seat must be worn down. Should of asked Alan for his office chair.
    Where's Roger Cook when you need him? Remember that TV show? He would have hunted Hardy down and asked the correct questions no matter how awkward or difficult they maybe.

"is journalistic attributes".

I'm having doubts about your lack of English attributes too buddy, Leigh has always been a good journalist for Notts and lately has been going out of his way - even on days off such as today - to keep us fans updates about the goings-on.

All because it doesn't satisfy "your" need doesn't mean he is a "desk warrior"

Very unfair, he'd clearly spoken to Hardy. The veracity of what was said to Leigh Curtis is the issue, not the quality of the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroPie1862 View Post
    "is journalistic attributes".

I'm having doubts about your lack of English attributes too buddy, Leigh has always been a good journalist for Notts and lately has been going out of his way - even on days off such as today - to keep us fans updates about the goings-on.

All because it doesn't satisfy "your" need doesn't mean he is a "desk warrior"
    Spot on.

I'm 50/50 on this. I'm not entirely sure what the game is, if there is one.

I get the impression Leigh Curtis is drip feeding information and leaving glaring and obvious holes in what he's saying, like resurrecting the Alex May link and yet inexplicably not mentioning the Danes at all in his latest piece, when it was Curtis who broke the Danish interest story and everyone was led to believe they were the sole remaining bidder.

It may be that he's just piecing together limited scraps of information himself, but it does appear to me that to some extent he intends to keep everyone visiting the Nottingham Post website, rather than putting everything he knows out there. Ultimately, his job is to sell newspapers and online news, as I said in another post the other day, but in these special circumstances if he is being deliberately coy about what he knows, then it's a bit cruel to the long-suffering fans.
    Last edited by jackal2; 24-07-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Good journalists can spell..

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Good journalists can spell..
    Not all of them. But it didn't matter in the old days because that was the proofreader's job to sort out. I believe the Nottingham post got rid of theirs to cut costs years ago.

I thought it was his day off.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I thought it was his day off.
    His name's on the article. Maybe it's another typo and the article's actually by Jamie Lee Curtis.