+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What I've managed to find out

What I've managed to find out

I talked to various Notts employees and other relevant parties yesterday and this is what I gleaned. Some of it is out there any way and some is speculation - make what you will of it. In no particular order:

1. Nobody has done full due diligence on Notts yet.
    2. The SA and 'May' consortia want hardy to stay on as chairman and are interested in the land only. The city council told both of them they will consider planning permission IF it benefits NCFC ONLY. This is why they walked away.
    3. Nobody at ML has any belief that the Danes are for real.
    4. Anna Soubry - a family stand season ticket holder - has also been pressing the FA etc.
    5. Hardy was at ML yesterday, but had left before I could ask him any questions. Allegedly he's now gone to Florida to be with his family.
    6. This is speculation but seems to fit the facts. If Hardy sells the club and thereby gets some cash in, Paragon's creditors will call in loans he has including the mortgage on his house, so unless he gets a ridiculous amount for Notts >£5 million, he will actually lose less personnally if Notts go into liquidation. Therefore he is pretending to sell the club but isn't really trying.
    7. As well as the HGE, other Notts creditors are thinking of pushing for administration to get Hardy out of the clulb and are talking to each other about this.
    8. Nobody knows anything about Smurthwaite.
    9. Nobody I talked to had met a more unpleasant or less trustworthy person than hardy in their lives.

Point 6 makes perfect sense, our best hope now is point 7 . . . oh joy.

I know of one consortium that did do full due diligence and it’s the one nobody wanted!

We really need a statement from the Danes either way.

We know their names and where they work. I can't believe given their line of work they would want to be used as cover for our liquidation.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    I know of one consortium that did do full due diligence and it’s the one nobody wanted!
    Evidence?

Well number 9 seems to be bang on !

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    We really need a statement from the Danes either way.

We know their names and where they work. I can't believe given their line of work they would want to be used as cover for our liquidation.
    All we know about them is that 1 photo. Nobody has actually confirmed they were at ML to dicuss owning Notts, maybe they were just after player data or groundhopping or on holiday?

Thanks for the information, ivansneck, really appreciate it.

I really hope the fantastic Hayd Green Estate, who have been true and faithful friends of Notts County for so long, make the decision to take Notts into administration. They are the only people I have any faith in. I feel it's the only realistic way forward.

The 'Danish Consortium' has never sounded realistic or believable to me. I can't believe the notion that they would have sat back through this mess and either sought to confirm or alternatively deny any involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    I talked to various Notts employees and other relevant parties yesterday and this is what I gleaned. Some of it is out there any way and some is speculation - make what you will of it. In no particular order:

1. Nobody has done full due diligence on Notts yet.
    2. The SA and 'May' consortia want hardy to stay on as chairman and are interested in the land only. The city council told both of them they will consider planning permission IF it benefits NCFC ONLY. This is why they walked away.
    3. Nobody at ML has any belief that the Danes are for real.
    4. Anna Soubry - a family stand season ticket holder - has also been pressing the FA etc.
    5. Hardy was at ML yesterday, but had left before I could ask him any questions. Allegedly he's now gone to Florida to be with his family.
    6. This is speculation but seems to fit the facts. If Hardy sells the club and thereby gets some cash in, Paragon's creditors will call in loans he has including the mortgage on his house, so unless he gets a ridiculous amount for Notts >£5 million, he will actually lose less personnally if Notts go into liquidation. Therefore he is pretending to sell the club but isn't really trying.
    7. As well as the HGE, other Notts creditors are thinking of pushing for administration to get Hardy out of the clulb and are talking to each other about this.
    8. Nobody knows anything about Smurthwaite.
    9. Nobody I talked to had met a more unpleasant or less trustworthy person than hardy in their lives.
    Good work sticking your neck out Ivan.

Most of that makes sense and from those that I know who've had any dealing with Hardy No 9 is spot on.

The one bit that doesn't quite add up is that if the above is true then the courts were given pretty much fabricated evidence as a stalling tactic and the barrister was overstating Notts' case.

I presume AH is not due back before the Court case next week. It is bad enough that he screwed up by the time he had decided to sell (and the writing must have been on the wall months before that), but to have deliberately created fiction since then is pretty unforgivable though not unexpected.

He's got family in Notts, a daughter who teaches, a son who plays/played for Lowdham Colts. They're going to hava a rough time next term.

Any bits of sympathy I may have had a few months ago are gone. Take the golf club and house away if they can and let's see if the can show any genuine remorse as opposed to self pity.

Latest in the Post:

“It has been slightly delayed,” Hardy told TheBusinessDesk.com.
    “It’s a complex and complicated transaction as it is on a pure debt-free basis with creditor claims, historic loans and arrangements from years and years ago having to be resolved.
    “I absolutely appreciate staff, fans and stakeholders are really concerned but lawyers from both sides are working around the clock and remain confident that it will get done very soon."

"pure debt-free basis" how's that going to work?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast