+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taylor and Mbulu

Taylor and Mbulu

2 good results in midweek and no injuries a double bonus, clearly the triallist Taylor is head and shoulders better than anything we have at the club so surely a no brainer that he should be offered a deal, by all accounts the defender Mbulu is an experienced and competent strong towering individual again surely a no brainer to offer a deal. I think get these 2 in and that would complete the squad and in my opinion give us a real crack to the play offs at least. Thoughts ?

Taylor I'm inclined to agree - my bet is the trial is of the man not the footballer. Would you call Mbulu experienced? No games in 3 seasons at Millwall, with just 3 while on loan in the Conference, followed by only 6 games in a full SPL season with Motherwell, doesn't spell experience to me - apart from that he has 64 Isthmian League (= Northern Prem level) appearances as a ****ager. I agree he's tall and strong looking, but is he better than the lad we can have on loan at CH from Bristol City?

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Taylor I'm inclined to agree - my bet is the trial is of the man not the footballer. Would you call Mbulu experienced? No games in 3 seasons at Millwall, with just 3 while on loan in the Conference, followed by only 6 games in a full SPL season with Motherwell, doesn't spell experience to me - apart from that he has 64 Isthmian League (= Northern Prem level) appearances as a ****ager. I agree he's tall and strong looking, but is he better than the lad we can have on loan at CH from Bristol City?

Can’t find out how many games the lad Smith from Bristol City has played so not sure how it compares to Mbulu. But point taken would you give Sass Davies more of a chance next season ? I certainly would not mess around and get that Taylor signed up quickly he is miles better than what we have and I think him, Powell and Porter should get plenty of goals next season. Pleased that we have managed to keep the squad together but I can imagine the board are extremely worried where the next pound is coming from, I worry that unless the team is challenging for promotion nobody will be interested in any of our academy players and the first team will only get weaker as a result as funds to strengthen when required will not be there.

Agree about challenging for promotion - as they've already said, we might have had more interest this summer if we'd scraped into the play offs last time. I'd just like someone more experienced than either Mbulu or the Brizzle lad I think, but with Nolan, Lancashire and Hunt already on the staff that may be ambitious. I think either Sass-Davies or Mbulu might get exposed, but they need a chance. Just wonder why Mbulu's not been given one in 4 seasons. Taylor, I agree! Wonder if they're waiting to see if Shaun moves on first, as otherwise we could have too many forwards ...

Taylor I believe has been offered a deal. He is not very impressed with it apparently.

Surely we don't want an untried inexperienced player to be our 5th in line ch? If 3 of them get injured, the loan market beckons.
    As for Taylor - he is a Miller lookalike/playalike and we can't afford two of them. Apart from that he has a seriously flawed background and clubs aren't beating down his door. Why else would he be with us on trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    Taylor I believe has been offered a deal. He is not very impressed with it apparently.
    In which case he can go to one of the many other clubs that are not interested in him either.

Taylor has had more clubs than Tiger Woods, most of which have been glad to get rid. His off field behaviour suggests a hooligan with drink drugs and fighting featuring quite heavily. Tbh he is lucky to get any sort of offer at all and I am surprised that Dave wants him anywhere near our club.

But the big question is - if he scores goals and we get promotion is he worth the risk or do we stay mid table . It can be built into his contract if he has issues off the field that fall below a certain standard then he is released without compensation . The ball will be in his court . Does he want to play football and earn a living or mess around in the football wilderness.

It’s not his behaviour I worry about per se but the influence it can have on the younger pros at the club.

A similar ‘history’ accompanied Anthony Grant, who mainly delivered on field, but off field there were players who became associated with him who simply didn’t perform, Bradd Inman being one. He had a rep at the Vale and, after one season, is now training with the kids at Shrewsbury.

Be careful what we wish for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast